• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

holy shit this show is the best.

I mean, you can't have a little dyking out with Megan? she's been so terrible this year, that would have saved her season.

He tried ratting out Don/Dick and looks how it worked out for him. I think that Pete (odious little worm that he is), is the only one of the bunch who may learn from his mistakes.

i liked the ending, i did. the unity between the spiritual experience for don and creating the most famous advertisement of all time is great, great stuff. i like that. i like that he went back, if only to see peggy again. only thing i might have changed was to have that speech about being in love with peggy come from Don. i would have liked that more. it wouldn't necessarily have had to be a romantic thing. but it could have been if you wanted it too. i don't know.

CFQixpBUgAI0fdL.jpg

So, you're saying that don went back to McCann and helped create the Coke add with his newfound spirituality? Because that would be cool. I wasn't sure where they left it with don.

If that's what you're getting at, I'm impressed. Especially if it's right

So, you're saying that don went back to McCann and helped create the Coke add with his newfound spirituality? Because that would be cool. I wasn't sure where they left it with don.

There's an Easter Egg

https://twitter.com/DavidClinchNews/status/600141336067473408/photo/1

I went to Twitter and read a few reviews, one of which even had the actual ad exec who created the Coke ad's notes.

The timeline fits in that the ad aired 3 months after the final scene. Some also point to Weiner saying he wouldn't use real ads and give his characters credit, but also pointing out contradictions in that policy.

The review I enjoyed was the one pointing out the setup, with Don fixing the Coke machine in the ep before, and also Stan telling Peggy that Don will be back, just like normal and later on, Peggy telling Stan he's always right (about something else)

The nuance in the writing always amazes me. That, or we create this shit in our head.

Yes, that was how i experienced it. And i think that photo is proof enough. The girl from the ad is dressed just like the girl from the cult.

I think the connection is clear, but i also think the ending of the sopranos is clear, so it might be me.

And what do you think that was?

I didnt want tanner to hemorrhage an ovary.

I like Tanner but if he flipped a lid about a Sopranos spoiler, I'd poop in his swimming pool