Things That You Were Wrong About

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

show off.
I can almost gaurantee that the 20th part of Bob's message was completely intentional to get the desired affect of which you so politely obliged. That is what I like about Bob. His modesty is very subtle
show off.
I can almost gaurantee that the 20th part of Bob's message was completely intentional to get the desired affect of which you so politely obliged. That is what I like about Bob. His modesty is very subtle
Oh I show off all the time when it comes to the Big M's.This one was strictly me being descriptive since I think I used my own pick on him and if I did it would have been the 20th pick that year since ajs510 said that he used the 10th pick in the FCHL.
Oh I show off all the time when it comes to the Big M's.This one was strictly me being descriptive since I think I used my own pick on him and if I did it would have been the 20th pick that year since ajs510 said that he used the 10th pick in the FCHL.
I used my own pick on him as well, that was the year my team was very good in the regular season and then completely folded in the playoffs. Thankfully I offset it by using the pick I traded for (which turned out to be #2 overall) on Patrick Kane. Kyle Turris was the #1 overall pick in that draft.
Wow, Nell took Turris over Kane?IIRC, Turris was ranked ahead of him by the scouting departments, but Chicago took Kane anyways.
Yeah, he did. I was shocked, but not too shocked to accept the gift. There was a lot of dispute in the NHL draft that year about what order the big 3 were going to go, a lot of people had Chicago taking Turris and Kane going to Philly, JVR to Phoenix.
I used my own pick on him as well, that was the year my team was very good in the regular season and then completely folded in the playoffs. Thankfully I offset it by using the pick I traded for (which turned out to be #2 overall) on Patrick Kane. Kyle Turris was the #1 overall pick in that draft.
I think 2007 was the last year that we drafted Junior players and it was a weak year.I found my paper with the 2007 AHL draft.1st rd1. Patrick Kane2. Kyle Turris3. Sam Gagner4. Alexei Cherepanov5. David Perron6. Alex Pieterangelo - JR7. Cody Franson8. Karl Alzner9. no pick10. Lars Eller11. Cory Murphy12. Kevin Shattenkirk13. Thomas Hickey 14. Jimmy Hayes - JR\15. Mikael Repik16. Ryan McDonagh17. Toni Rajala - JR18 no pick19. Magnus Paajarvi - JR20 Brett Sterling - Big M's2nd round21 Kyle Beach - JR22 T.J. Hensick23 Michael Del Zotto - JR24 Luke Schenn - JR25 Max Pacioretty26 Michael Boedker - JR27 Nick Petrecki28. Logan McMillan29 Colby Cohen30 Colin Wilson - JR31 Jonathan Blum 32 Patrick Maroon JR33 Keaton Ellerby34 James O'Brien35 Ruslan Baslkrine36 no pick37 Ryan O'Reilly - JR38 Artem Anisinomov39 Victor Hedman - JR40 Brandon Sutter - BIG M's3rd round41 Stefan Legein 42 Ryan Parent43 Evan Brophy44 Brendan Smith45 Reilly Nash46 Nico Sachetti47 Jack Godfrey48 Magnus Johansson49 James Neal50 Shawn Matthias51 Jonathn Filewich52 Andreas Nodl53 Jan Mursak54 no pick55 Joakim Andersen56 Mason Raymond57 Simon Hjalmarsson58 Nick Ross59 T.J. Brennan60 Tobias Enstrom - Big M'sOther Notables65 Antom Stralman71 Jamie McBain80 Oscar Mollar - Big M's - Still Hoping87 Wayne Simmons95 P.K. Subban

Heh, I took Oscar Moller in the 3rd round of our 2008 draft. Still hoping he pans out, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I'm more excited about Loktionov, I snagged him late in our '09 draft.

I think 2007 was the last year that we drafted Junior players and it was a weak year.I found my paper with the 2007 AHL draft.2nd round38 Artem Anisinomov3rd round44 Brendan Smith
My picks.
Oh I show off all the time when it comes to the Big M's.
60 Tobias Enstrom - Big M's
So I guess Enstrom would go top 5 if we did this draft based on what we know now and probably higher than that.
I didn't realize Enstrom was having the season he's having until you said that. Wow...almost PPG from the blueline.
Him and Serge's man crush (not Bogosian, somehow) are tearing it up back there. They're both really close to PPG.
I didn't realize Enstrom was having the season he's having until you said that. Wow...almost PPG from the blueline.
And he had 50 points last year so it's not like him getting a lot of points is a fluke.
Him and Serge's man crush (not Bogosian, somehow) are tearing it up back there. They're both really close to PPG.
Yes..Dustin Buffy is my man crush... :club:
Name 5 more valuable players who were drafted that year in the AHL ?
I don't like choosing defensemen so high.Also, there is a difference in choosing based solely on value and not taking upside into consideration. And if we know what we know now, why am I only allowed to choose a player who was drafted in the AHL that year? :club:

Looking back at another draft.2005 Draft after the strike year. We only had 16 teams but check out these 5th round picks.67 Mark Streit68 Dave Bolland72 Kyle Quincey73 Mike Green75 Fippula - Det76 Matt Carle78 Duncan Keith

Looking back at another draft.2005 Draft after the strike year. We only had 16 teams but check out these 5th round picks.67 Mark Streit68 Dave Bolland72 Kyle Quincey73 Mike Green75 Fippula - Det76 Matt Carle78 Duncan Keith
Very interesting. I was the one who drafted Fippula. Mike Green for you was a complete steal.

In 2007, I picked (at the start of the playoffs) the Dallas Stars and the New York Rangers to play in the Cup FInal. Both teams were eliminated in the first round. To compound my wrongness, this brilliant (perhaps even genious) prediction was made on national tv....

In 2007, I picked (at the start of the playoffs) the Dallas Stars and the New York Rangers to play in the Cup FInal. Both teams were eliminated in the first round. To compound my wrongness, this brilliant (perhaps even genious) prediction was made on national tv....
lol well played
  • 4 months later...

I thought Elliot Friedman was a goofball when he was with The Score and I thought CBC could have done better when they hired him. He turned out to be a very solid journalist and his 30 Thoughts is a must read.