freerolls - a huge waste of time?

I rarely play freerolls at all. Once I hit a 500FPP super satelite on the stars for entry to $500,000 but other than that I may have played like 5 at the most. So last night I sit down play the freeroll on stars.The results:PokerStars Tournament #8153079, No Limit Hold'emFreeroll Super Satellite5475 playersTarget Tournament #7942605 9 tickets to the target tournamentTournament started - 2005/05/25 - 18:05:00 (ET)Dear krupnugz, You finished the tournament in 4th place.You qualified to play in Tournament #7942605 and are automatically registered for it. See Tournament #7942605 Lobby for further details.You earned 147.22 tournament leader points in this tournament.Played for like 7 hrs for a satelite to a $500 prize poll. I was shocked they give you TLB points for this. Anyways 4th out of 5475 feels good but I mean did I really gain anything? Worst part about it is that I'm going on vacation this weekend lol. Obviously never thought I'd place. Are freerolls a waste of time?

Freerolls are a waste of time if they aren't like satellites for something really good. I mean, take the freerolls on PokerStars, you qualifiy to a tournament where you can win $500. On prima there are freerolls that give $10k (but you can re-buy in them for $2 I think).

Depends on the freerolls. Poker.com have just launched a massive amount of freerolls. Last time I checked, their $500 hardly made the 50 minimum player limit.I used to play the noble $200. but they have juiced the player limit up to 500 , so its not worth it anymore (however, they were awesome earners in the beginning).

I think that freerolls are mostly a waste of time. I don't think they're good practice because most of the people playing don't care and play like crap. I will play in the Party freerolls that cost 1000 Party Points because 1st place will get you $500.

depends you won 147...not bad for a freerollon pacific.....if you win you get 25 and only top 10 pay
Pacific used to have much better freerolls where they paid a flat $5 to the top 90. It would be funny to finish in the money and then see a bunch of players at the .05/.10 tables with their $5...

Some of them are good. I won $20 in one of the Bike freerolls, moved it to Noble and got $10 more free, that gave me plenty to play around at the micro limit tables.They're great for cheapskate newbies like me. :club:

Some of them are good. I won $20 in one of the Bike freerolls, moved it to Noble and got $10 more free, that gave me plenty to play around at the micro limit tables.They're great for cheapskate newbies like me. :club:
I guess thats why I'm pissed cause I have like 500 on the site and play sngs, multis, and cash tables. Of course I can't have this kind of luck in the $10 rebuy tourney. I serioulsy think I won every race all nite. I finished winning 44 of 51 at showdown. I guess I'm just bitter. :-)

The problem with party freerolls is there's usually 2000+ in the freeroll, but only the top 30 are paid out. You usually spend 4-6 hours playing and then end up going out in 34th place.

Guest XXEddie
depends you won 147...not bad for a freerollon pacific.....if you win you get 25 and only top 10 pay
Pacific used to have much better freerolls where they paid a flat $5 to the top 90. It would be funny to finish in the money and then see a bunch of players at the .05/.10 tables with their $5...
then still have those one a day