First hour of a circuit prelim event buy in 300 stacks start at 8000, 655 entries.Comments throughout appreciated.Hero has 7000ish, button barely covers.Blinds 50/100Folds to buttonButton makes it 250FoldsBB(Hero) calls 150 with KdJcPot is 550Flop is KcJs5hHero checks Button bets 500Hero raises to 1000Button callsPot is 2550Turn QcHero bets 2000Buttton callsPot is 6550River 3dHero bets 2200Button shoves for 3k or so moreHero callsI already know the raise on the flop is way small, but go ahead and tell me I screwed it up there anyway. Maybe it'll make me learn.

I honestly think flatting the flop is better than minraising there, but yeah, pop it to at least 1.5.How do we feel about donkbetting the flop hoping to get raised?

a min raise is just so suspect

a min raise is just so suspect
^ This, I hate min-raising in this spot for a few reasons. In a lower buy in tournament, this might work, but at this level it is pretty suspect . Also, you are giving them pretty good odds to just flat and to peel off another card.
  • 4 weeks later...
imo, As played shove river, you have only 2/3 of the pot left anyway.and yes the min-raise is bad
ck r flop to 3xBet 1/2 pot on turn so you can also get a call on river shove blankgl