Im working on building a "roll" through tournament play. I am beginning to get very very frustrated. Playing the micro tournaments I dont have to tell you all what kind of plays I run into. I seem to bust out of every tournament while holding bullets against some genius that ships his A5 suited or similar and sucks out. Repeatedly. In fact the last three tournaments have seen my exit while holding AA versus some smart guys Ax, shipped preflop. WTF?! Is there really any such thing as "playing" in a micro tournament, or is it just all luck as it seems? So frustrating!

this is why br management is key in MTT, even good play over many tournies may not yield any results. Trying to build roll from MTT is pretty hard imo. Also, keep in mind not the big hands you play but all the small hands and look for leak/ holes

Roger that
I have been on a bad run lately in the micro mtts online. Its just been a bad stretch and the donkeys have been catching on me lately but it will turn. The key, IMO, to being successful in online micro mtts is playing the right hands. I would much rather have a hand like 56s than AKos. The key in these tourneys is that players overplay their marginal hands. I like to play the hands that give me the potential to double up. The softest game on FT is the deepstack, ko, turbo 90 person tourney. After I played about 50 of these I figured out how to play them. If you ever read FT's "Tips from the Pros" there is a tip that is the perfect recipe for these tourneys. I was practicing it already when I saw the tip. Basically it talks about playing suited runners and small pocket pairs that have the potential to double you up if you hit a flush or set. I pretty much play ABC poker in these and don't bluff much because players seem to think they have to catch early in order to stay ahead of the blinds. They will call anything so you just have to have it work for you rather than against you.
I have been on a bad run lately in the micro mtts online. Its just been a bad stretch and the donkeys have been catching on me lately but it will turn. The key, IMO, to being successful in online micro mtts is playing the right hands. I would much rather have a hand like 56s than AKos. The key in these tourneys is that players overplay their marginal hands. I like to play the hands that give me the potential to double up. The softest game on FT is the deepstack, ko, turbo 90 person tourney. After I played about 50 of these I figured out how to play them. If you ever read FT's "Tips from the Pros" there is a tip that is the perfect recipe for these tourneys. I was practicing it already when I saw the tip. Basically it talks about playing suited runners and small pocket pairs that have the potential to double you up if you hit a flush or set. I pretty much play ABC poker in these and don't bluff much because players seem to think they have to catch early in order to stay ahead of the blinds. They will call anything so you just have to have it work for you rather than against you.
I am starting to think more along these lines. There are so many pots that have at least 5 or 6 limpers in them. Especially early. I think the idea is even supported in limping from early position with these cards and being willing to call a small raise. Honestly, I'm not as big of a proponent of limping with 56s as I am of 79o. When you have got suited cards, you will chase a flush a lot more than you will a straight. Everybody does. Now, IMO, the same does not hold true for SNG's. About the only unsuited connectors that I will play is from the T up. And that is only from late position or the blinds. I am rock solid on the idea of only playing big hands early in a SNG. To me it is the only way to make money at the micro stakes.As far as starting to think that you want to move up in stakes in defiance of good BR management, I think that is a mistake. If you have a $5,000.00 bank roll and you are willing to burn it up, $50.00 tournies is the place to do it. But speaking from experience, you are a lot better off playing us donks at the lower levels and getting a cheaper education and grinding that roll up. Online poker is not the lottery, it's work.
I am starting to think more along these lines. There are so many pots that have at least 5 or 6 limpers in them. Especially early. I think the idea is even supported in limping from early position with these cards and being willing to call a small raise. Honestly, I'm not as big of a proponent of limping with 56s as I am of 79o. When you have got suited cards, you will chase a flush a lot more than you will a straight. Everybody does. Now, IMO, the same does not hold true for SNG's. About the only unsuited connectors that I will play is from the T up. And that is only from late position or the blinds. I am rock solid on the idea of only playing big hands early in a SNG. To me it is the only way to make money at the micro stakes.As far as starting to think that you want to move up in stakes in defiance of good BR management, I think that is a mistake. If you have a $5,000.00 bank roll and you are willing to burn it up, $50.00 tournies is the place to do it. But speaking from experience, you are a lot better off playing us donks at the lower levels and getting a cheaper education and grinding that roll up. Online poker is not the lottery, it's work.
I would actually be careful playing suited runners of 10 and above. The donkeys love hands like AJ and A10. I think it is actually safer to call w/lower ones and let the cards dictate. Its easy to get away from 67 suited. Say you play 10J and the flop comes J high, now you could be in trouble against that AJ. IMO low suited runners are much better to see a flop with. In additon to most likely having two live cards, they are easy to get away from even if you hit top pair.