Worst 2 Months Of Poker

I'll start off by saying this isn't intended to be whining, so I hope it doesn't come off that way.The past 60 days I've been on a major losing streak in my poker. It's happened in all games...Cash, MTTs, and SnGs. I've lost nearly 50% of my bankroll the past 60 days, which is probably 4 or 5 times higher than any other losing streak I've had in 5 years of playing. My strength has always been my SnG and my MTT play. Especially in SnGs...I've built most of my bankroll in those. I've been working on my cash game and have historically been about even, or a slight loser in those. I'm not a professional and I don't have a HUD or anything like that, but have kept descent records on my own about my wins and losses.I've tried to step back and analyze my play and review it. I've definitely made some bad moves in cash games, which has lead to losing some money. Then, I tried to go back to my old bread-n-butter of SnGs and build some money back. I've had a terrible losing streak in those. I've even dropped down some levels and am losing big-time still. After reviewing my SnG play, I really feel that I've played very well and have consistently been getting it in with a dominant hand, but losing. I actually feel the quality of my SnG play has been the best it has ever been, but have been losing a lot.So my question is...is this just one of those downfalls that happens in poker? I'm pretty sure I know that I should just drop down a level for BR management and focus on make the best decisions I can & ride out the losing streak. I'm just looking for feedback and seeing if anyone else has had abnormal losing streaks like this. Thanks.

try using something like track your bets.com or something, lets you see ROI, and you can note your major hands you lost when it is fresh in your mind with all the reads you had and then look back to see if you still like your play... oh and trackyourbets.com is free. and if you havent done it on that computer, get the free trial of pokertracker. it helps you see your stats and maybe find holes.

Take your own advice, go back to what you know best. If you are making the right decisions then you'll break this streak eventually.Check out the SNG Grinder thread, it may be useful to you in some capacity. Best of luck.

Going through the same exact thing at the moment....annoying as hell and a huge mind f**k, BUT you gotta believe it (like yesterday's Taco Bell) will pass.Keep making the right plays, get it in good and that's all we can ask for.....they can't suck out on us ALL the time.............can they? :club:

Going through the same exact thing at the moment....annoying as hell and a huge mind f**k, BUT you gotta believe it (like yesterday's Taco Bell) will pass.Keep making the right plays, get it in good and that's all we can ask for.....they can't suck out on us ALL the time.............can they? :club:
i'm starting to think they can.