Vancouver The Most Livable City In The World

http://www.eiu.com/site_info.asp?info_name...=noads&rf=0Canadian and Australian cities dominate the rankings. I think the highest ranked American city was Pittsburgh.Following is a list of the top 10 most liveable cities as ranked by The Economist:1. Vancouver, Canada2. Vienna, Austria3. Melbourne, Australia4. Toronto, Canada5. Calgary, Canada6. Helsinki, Finland 7. Sydney, Australia 8. Perth, Australia 9. Adelaide, Australia 10. Auckland, New Zealand The bottom 10 cities were: 1. Harare, Zimbabwe 2. Dhaka , Bangladesh 3. Algiers , Algeria 4. Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea 5. Lagos, Nigeria 6. Karachi, Pakistan 7. Douala, Cameroon 8. Kathmandu, Nepal 9. Colombo, Sri Lanka 10. Dakar, Senegal
I have no idea what "livable" means in this context, but, looking at the list, I'm glad I don't live in a livable city.
Said like a true New Yorker ;-)
The ranking scores each city from 0-100 on 30 factors spread across five areas: stability, health care, culture and environment, education, and infrastructure. These numbers are then weighted and combined to produce an overall figure.
This is an article refuting the livabliity rankings.http://www.newgeography.com/content/00957-...kings-are-wrong

If by "livable" they mean "nice looking and relatively quiet", then these rankings make more sense.LOL at ****ing Pittsburgh being the highest ranked US city by ANY metric.

Cane - have you seen the documentary called "Cocaine Cowboys" about the drugs wars in Miami in the 80's - it is available on itunes.. really good doc done by the same guy who did the Univ Miami ESPN 30 on 30 film...

Cane - have you seen the documentary called "Cocaine Cowboys" about the drugs wars in Miami in the 80's - it is available on itunes.. really good doc done by the same guy who did the Univ Miami ESPN 30 on 30 film...
seen it a couple times. great documentary.