Since The Omaha8 Forum Is Virtually Nonexistant...

PokerStars Game #31234468221: Tournament #183606004, $15.00+$1.50 HORSE (Omaha Hi/Lo Limit) - Level II (30/60) - 2009/08/04 10:02:56 ETTable '183606004 7' 8-max Seat #3 is the buttonSeat 1: bryanmck (3395 in chips) Seat 2: se7enth_bok (3195 in chips) Seat 3: rorscharsh (2940 in chips) Seat 4: Zukertort (2730 in chips) Seat 5: snirk (3000 in chips) Seat 6: Biertank (2910 in chips) Seat 7: tigersfanntn (3000 in chips) Seat 8: igthisone (2610 in chips) Zukertort: posts small blind 15snirk: posts big blind 30*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to se7enth_bok [9h Ah Qd Td]Biertank: folds tigersfanntn: folds igthisone: calls 30bryanmck: calls 30se7enth_bok: calls 30rorscharsh: raises 30 to 60Zukertort: folds snirk: calls 30igthisone: calls 30bryanmck: calls 30se7enth_bok: calls 30*** FLOP *** [7h 7c 8h]snirk: checks igthisone: checks bryanmck: bets 30se7enth_bok: calls 30rorscharsh: calls 30snirk: calls 30igthisone: folds *** TURN *** [7h 7c 8h] [5d]snirk: checks bryanmck: bets 60se7enth_bok: calls 60rorscharsh: folds snirk: folds *** RIVER *** [7h 7c 8h 5d] [Jd]bryanmck: bets 60se7enth_bok: calls 60i know this hand in particular plays pretty poorly in omaha8 while it plays a lot better in PLO but with two limps in front of me I limped in, thinking I win a big pot if i connect with my hand. once the flop comes down i am completely lost, so any thoughts would be appreciated. thx

PokerStars Game #31234468221: Tournament #183606004, $15.00+$1.50 HORSE (Omaha Hi/Lo Limit) - Level II (30/60) - 2009/08/04 10:02:56 ETTable '183606004 7' 8-max Seat #3 is the buttonSeat 1: bryanmck (3395 in chips) Seat 2: se7enth_bok (3195 in chips) Seat 3: rorscharsh (2940 in chips) Seat 4: Zukertort (2730 in chips) Seat 5: snirk (3000 in chips) Seat 6: Biertank (2910 in chips) Seat 7: tigersfanntn (3000 in chips) Seat 8: igthisone (2610 in chips) Zukertort: posts small blind 15snirk: posts big blind 30*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to se7enth_bok [9h Ah Qd Td]Biertank: folds tigersfanntn: folds igthisone: calls 30bryanmck: calls 30se7enth_bok: calls 30rorscharsh: raises 30 to 60Zukertort: folds snirk: calls 30igthisone: calls 30bryanmck: calls 30se7enth_bok: calls 30*** FLOP *** [7h 7c 8h]snirk: checks igthisone: checks bryanmck: bets 30se7enth_bok: calls 30rorscharsh: calls 30snirk: calls 30igthisone: folds *** TURN *** [7h 7c 8h] [5d]snirk: checks bryanmck: bets 60se7enth_bok: calls 60rorscharsh: folds snirk: folds *** RIVER *** [7h 7c 8h 5d] [Jd]bryanmck: bets 60se7enth_bok: calls 60i know this hand in particular plays pretty poorly in omaha8 while it plays a lot better in PLO but with two limps in front of me I limped in, thinking I win a big pot if i connect with my hand. once the flop comes down i am completely lost, so any thoughts would be appreciated. thx
Above are the spots I'd be folding this.
Above are the spots I'd be folding this.
Really?I am no Omaha expert, but this hand will play well in a non-split pot and don't about 1/2 of all hands fail to qualify on the board? 9h Ah Qd TdDouble suited, 4 connected cards, why isn't this is a good hand to take a flop with. I agree with folding in every other spot, but I'd see a flop for 1 or 2 bets the way this played. The teaching moment for me is that even though the flush and straight draws are there, you are way behind on the flop and too often drawing dead in that spot to keep chasing.

i don't think it is totally horrible to see the flop and even to peel one of but we are in a world of hurt multiway on turn and could be drawing dead your right this is almost a total plo hand not an 8 or better hand. We just need such a perfect flop to win this hand so even thou flop wasn't horrible that not a very good flop for us and we could have let it go there. We are getting 5 to 1 preflop so limping a double suited hand to see a flop isn't horrible and we are so priced in after the villain after you raised and everyone else call but this seems like a very weak tourny if 3 people limp call in early position don't put too many chips into any pot unless you have a good hand if they are that bad you will probably get a good pay off when things do unfold very well.

i don't think it is totally horrible to see the flop and even to peel one of but we are in a world of hurt multiway on turn and could be drawing dead your right this is almost a total plo hand not an 8 or better hand. We just need such a perfect flop to win this hand so even thou flop wasn't horrible that not a very good flop for us and we could have let it go there. We are getting 5 to 1 preflop so limping a double suited hand to see a flop isn't horrible and we are so priced in after the villain after you raised and everyone else call but this seems like a very weak tourny if 3 people limp call in early position don't put too many chips into any pot unless you have a good hand if they are that bad you will probably get a good pay off when things do unfold very well.
LOL, it's a 16 buck HORSE tourney. They are always very weak out of the gates. I do agrees with the pro's of taking this flop. Hand ends there though without a doubt.