Lurbz, care to explain yourself?AIMSessionlurbz (3:13:32 PM): haha you have to see thislurbz (3:13:34 PM): edited for spamware linkPillyPill (3:13:48 PM): Can I get myself to this FT first? :PPillyPill (3:17:34 PM): Nothing happenedPillyPill (3:19:40 PM): ???I changed the names, but once I clicked the link and said nothing happened, I got a txt and the next thing I know I am subscibed for a ringtone service. I think I got out of it, but that is not cool lurbz. He then signed off. Not cool man.

Lurbz, care to explain yourself?AIMSessionlurbz (3:13:32 PM): haha you have to see thislurbz (3:13:34 PM): Edited For Spamware LinkPillyPill (3:13:48 PM): Can I get myself to this FT first? :PPillyPill (3:17:34 PM): Nothing happenedPillyPill (3:19:40 PM): ???I changed the names, but once I clicked the link and said nothing happened, I got a txt and the next thing I know I am subscibed for a ringtone service. I think I got out of it, but that is not cool lurbz. He then signed off. Not cool man.
Lurbz told me he was going to go around to FCPers and try and scam them.That seems to be the kind of character that he is.But seriously...it probably means he was hacked or something...99.93% sure he wouldn't intentionally do something like that.
Lurbz told me he was going to go around to FCPers and try and scam them.That seems to be the kind of character that he is.But seriously...it probably means he was hacked or something...99.93% sure he wouldn't intentionally do something like that.
Well, this thread is here for when he signs on.

I edited the link out of the OP.What most likely has happened is that he has a virus on his computer that is sending those out.Never ever click on a link that somebody sends you over AIM or MSN unless you confirm that the person has actualy sent it to you.PillyPill should do a complete virus scan of his computer.

I edited the link out of the OP.What most likely has happened is that he has a virus on his computer that is sending those out.Never ever click on a link that somebody sends you over AIM or MSN unless you confirm that the person has actualy sent it to you.PillyPill should do a complete virus scan of his computer.
QFTIt's a virus which sends a pre-written message to all of the people on the buddy list, they click the link, and then the virus gets sent to everyone on their list and that's how it spreads. Also goes through email listings and facebook and what not.

What lurbz sent you looks A LOT like your standard AIM virus. When the virus infects someone's AIM, it makes their screenname send out (unknowngly to the user) these quick little friendly messages asking them to click on a link. THe link could lead to who knows what, but after you click on it, the virus will usually integrate itself into your AIM. I don't know how to clean it out, but you should probably be worried about your AIM, OP.

ya, I got that too a few days ago, asked him what it was before I clicked it (which I didn't, since it was a bit.ly link) and he never responded, kinda figured it was something like that.

it's definitely not Lurbz at all, I am sure it's a virus, my scanner went off when I got the message. So I deleted it.

Okay. Sorry all. My bad. Just was kinda tired at the time and to see myself get screwed was a little messed up. Doing virus scan now. Sorry Lurbz. Go ahead and delete this post now if possible. My bad again!

Okay. Sorry all. My bad. Just was kinda tired at the time and to see myself get screwed was a little messed up. Doing virus scan now. Sorry Lurbz. Go ahead and delete this post now if possible. My bad again!
Making a thread warning that somebody has a virus and to be careful isn't a bad thing.Most people have seen these things before though and know not to click on links like that. I'm not trying to take a shot at you Pilly as we all have to learn somehow.
Making a thread warning that somebody has a virus and to be careful isn't a bad thing.Most people have seen these things before though and know not to click on links like that. I'm not trying to take a shot at you Pilly as we all have to learn somehow.
Yeah. Norton claims I am clean as a whistle, and if I get billed for the phone thing, it was like $10, so I guess not the worst thing in the world. Just a minor freak out. lol.
LOL ty Bob but I don't have viruses on my comp, it's a Mac. It's your standard phishing bit just like MySpace has gotten my accounts before. They get my password and I found it odd that AOLsystemmsg kept telling me I signed in from another location, thought it might be my phone since I sign in from there a lot. I figured it was phished once I got the IM to my other account.The password has been changed to that AIM account so it should be fixed. Still, I'll let everyone know in this thread if this crap happens again. Didn't know enough people had my AIM for this to be threadworthy lolol weeeeee
He has six aim accounts. One account even sent the bad link to his other account.
FYP.
LOL ty Bob but I don't have viruses on my comp, it's a Mac. It's your standard phishing bit just like MySpace has gotten my accounts before. They get my password and I found it odd that AOLsystemmsg kept telling me I signed in from another location, thought it might be my phone since I sign in from there a lot. I figured it was phished once I got the IM to my other account.The password has been changed to that AIM account so it should be fixed. Still, I'll let everyone know in this thread if this crap happens again. Didn't know enough people had my AIM for this to be threadworthy lolol weeeeee
You bastard. That is why my AIM has been doing that.

FML never mind it's still going I don't know how to clear it...temp using a diff AIM name obv...any ideas?

FML never mind it's still going I don't know how to clear it...temp using a diff AIM name obv...any ideas?
how about wantsderrickrosespenis