New To Poker. In Need Of Guidance!

I think Zach has e-smacked the shit out of just about every one here.He did it to me once, I can't remember the topic. But I sent him a PM complaining he didn't have to be such a dick to me. It really hurt my feelings.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will try and find Harrington on Hold'Em. The thing is that I am looking for something to start with. Something to point me in the right direction. I am a quick learner but it seems I am having trouble finding the necessary material to start studying.Anyway thanks for the recommendations! I started playing online just for practice and it's going so-and-so. Win a little lose a little. The thing I am certain of is that I am losing in the long run. So I find it pointless to keep playing if I don't know what I'm doing.I base my play on the other players' decisions during the game and I can predict what they will do most of the times. I just hate it that I don't have a strategy!Someone invited me to a home game this weekend. A game among friends...don't know if they play any good and it's very small stakes. Any advice for my first Hold'Em game?Thankstrznk

I will try and find Harrington on Hold'Em. The thing is that I am looking for something to start with. Something to point me in the right direction. I am a quick learner but it seems I am having trouble finding the necessary material to start studying.
It isn't a hard book to find, it's one of the most popular poker books in the last 5 years. It may not be on the new york times list or anything but HOH is pretty much an essential read to learn to strategy.