Potentially record cold temperatures could move into the Lake County area early Sunday, but no snow is expected.Temperatures in the Chicago area could dip into the mid-20s, according to National Weather Service meteorologist Rich Brumer.If temperatures dip below 27 degrees overnight, Chicago will break the record set on October 11, 1964, Brumer said.A freeze warning is in effect until 9 a.m. Sunday, according to the weather service.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are not a liberal when you are young, you have no heart. If you are not a conservative when you get older, you have no brain
QFT
Nice try Yorkie, but we have danced before, and I find it of little use to argue logic and common sense with you tree hugging utes. At any rate, on the bright side, since you are presumable quite a bit younger than me, you will have to pay for this cap and trade nonsense for a lot longer, so I take some comfort in that. Hopefully your salary will continue to escalate so that you pay an even higher proportion of your takehome pay.I will leave this debate with one more nugget given to me as a youth, which did not make sense to me until I got older.If you are not a liberal when you are young, you have no heart. If you are not a conservative when you get older, you have no brain (big assumption there that one's income goes up with age, which I am not so sure applies any more).At any rate, please do me a solid and remember this exchange in 20 years. :)p.s. the gently falling snowflakes are actually kind of soothing......
I would say a pretty clear sign of somebody not using their brain is thinking that the fact that it's cold today has any meaning what so ever in relation to whether global warming exists or not.
I would say a pretty clear sign of somebody not using their brain is thinking that the fact that it's cold today has any meaning what so ever in relation to whether global warming exists or not.
I would say a pretty clear sign that someone has remained a liberal :club:. God Bless you. I have used my brain quite a bit if you were to review the original 1000 page or so FCP thread debate on the IPCC reports (which started by DN watching "An Inconvenient Truth" and stating that Al Gore was great). The problem is the tree hugging crowd pays no heed to the brittleness of the scientific models, hence I won't expend any more energy other than to observe how fricking cold it was for the majority of the summer and how early the snow has come.At any rate, you can't hook me either Mr FCPBob. :ts Just be sure to file an income tax return faithfully please. Peace out.
I would say a pretty clear sign that someone has remained a liberal :club:. God Bless you. I have used my brain quite a bit if you were to review the original 1000 page or so FCP thread debate on the IPCC reports (which started by DN watching "An Inconvenient Truth" and stating that Al Gore was great). The problem is the tree hugging crowd pays no heed to the brittleness of the scientific models, hence I won't expend any more energy other than to observe how fricking cold it was for the majority of the summer and how early the snow has come.At any rate, you can't hook me either Mr FCPBob. :ts Just be sure to file an income tax return faithfully please. Peace out.
I think this guy just proved global warming.
I think this guy just proved global warming.
Indeed I have. Feel free to swing by and shovel the extra foot of "proof" off of my sidewalks and driveway. Plsthks.
The IPCC says that rich industrial countries must cut emissions 25 to 40 percent by 2020 (from 1990 levels) if the world is to have a fair chance of avoiding catastrophic climate change. By contrast, the WBGU study says the United States must cut emissions 100 percent by 2020–i.e., quit carbon entirely within ten years. Germany, Italy and other industrial nations must do the same by 2025 to 2030. China only has until 2035, and the world as a whole must be carbon-free by 2050.
Does this mean we have to quit breathing too...... Damn you IPCC