Where The Money Comes From At .02-.05

Just thought I'd throw this out there for discussion....I've never played much cash NLHE in the past, I've always been a tourney player, but this month I decided to put some effort into developing my cash game. So I've been playing .02-.05 full ring NLHE on Tilt for the past couple of weeks. I don't have a huge number of hands logged yet but I've been a bit surprised at how soft the competition is. At these stakes it seems that the money comes from a few sources:1) Players who call down with marginal hands, usually a result of them playing way too wide a range2) Stealing pots, including CBs, floating the flop and taking it away on the turn/river, raising donkbets with missed hands, etc.3) Every now and then hitting a big hand and getting paid offDoes this fit with your experiences at these stakes? Are there other sources of profit I'm not taking advantage of? As you move up in stakes, does (1) become a smaller and smaller slice of the profit pie chart? If so, does it become more important to broaden and develop your skills that fall into (2) in order to profit at higher stakes?

I would say the most important concept at microstakes is value betting against bad opponents. This is where I think you'll make the majority of your money. Game selection is also important and helps facilitate this because it enables you to be constantly sitting at the table with at least one bad player. DC's "From the ground up" series talks a lot about value betting and dealing with microstakes cash in general. It's a 6max series, but there's still tons of good information in there.

DC's "From the ground up" series talks a lot about value betting and dealing with microstakes cash in general. It's a 6max series, but there's still tons of good information in there.
'What is this and where can I find it?
'What is this and where can I find it?
www.deucescracked.comIt's a training site, but they have a 7 day free trial, so you can sign up, grab the series and then cancel membership before they bill you.

The key to beating 5nl, make hands + value bet = profit.Don't slow play your big hands or big draws.

The key to beating 5nl, make hands + value bet = profit.Don't slow play your big hands or big draws.
I feel like number 2 is probably bad always unless you get a sick price.
Do you mean you don't think it's worthwhile to try to steal pots at these stakes? My experience has been mixed, since the moves work against some players and not others, but overall positive. Sometimes I get caught by calling stations or players who play back but there are usually enough weak-tight players at the table to make it worthwhile. I'm just working on my ability to pick the right spots.