99 In The Sb - Call Or Raise?

Hey guys, I'm new to posting here as I got sick of the people at the last forum I used and wanted some fresh perspectives. Anyway I just ran into this hand and wanted some opinions on my play. The UTG shover was a 30/11/9 who was nursing his short stack pretty patiently for the last round or so but had been LAG overall. I expected him to have a pretty wide range here given his stack and being one off the BB. I felt I should raise to isolate but am wondering if I should have flatted instead and seen what the BB would do, who was a 25/12/inf overall. As I'm new here you can also feel free to correct me on any detail of posting here that I may have got wrong. Thanks.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $5.00+$0.50 Tournament, 75/150 Blinds (7 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comBB (t3360)UTG (t915)MP1 (t1500)MP2 (t2450)CO (t2080)Button (t1005)Hero (SB) (t2190)Hero's M: 9.73Preflop: Hero is SB with 9 :5c, 9 :qhUTG bets t915 (All-In), 4 folds, Hero raises to t2190 (All-In), BB calls t2040Flop: (t5295) 5 :ts, Q :jh, 8 :club:(3 players, 2 all-in)Turn: (t5295) 8 :3h(3 players, 2 all-in)River: (t5295) Q :4h(3 players, 2 all-in)Total pot: t5295

I would have to agree isolation was your best bet here, you had know idea if BB would push but odds are he will fold against the pressure.

It's fine. What possible reason would there be to call off half your stack with 99 and a player still to act?
Yea I was pretty comfortable with the play, BB woke up with KK guess its just bad luck.

Yep very much what I thought, I think just the horrible run I was having yesterday made me start second-guessing things that are pretty standard. Thanks guys.

Yep very much what I thought, I think just the horrible run I was having yesterday made me start second-guessing things that are pretty standard. Thanks guys.
Perfectly normal, and reviewing hands and getting advice is the best way to make sure you're not developing leaks (or if you are, it's the best way to plug them). Unfortunately bad runs are like a virus that infects your confidence.