Wsop Event #2 $40,000 No Limit Holdem

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol. Daniel won a bracelet last year and made it deep in several other events.
A bracelet in what event? Oh yeah a $1500 Limit Hold'em event. Nice
I know all you DN clones will come to his defense, but the results don't lie.
Do you even play poker? How can you say that results dont lie? You can play perfect tournament poker and go on a huge downswing.
Do you even play poker? How can you say that results dont lie? You can play perfect tournament poker and go on a huge downswing.
Did he not peak in 2004? He has gone deep in a few tournys since 04, but he hasn't dominated like he used to. The top players know how to take advantage of holes in his game.
Did he not peak in 2004? He has gone deep in a few tournys since 04, but he hasn't dominated like he used to. The top players know how to take advantage of holes in his game.
GL in all your endeavors, moron.

It would be impossible for him to not have hit his "peak" in 2004. No one has years like that....ever.

It would be impossible for him to not have hit his "peak" in 2004. No one has years like that....ever.
I am just saying I don't think its a coincidence that it happened that year.

A lot of Daniel ripping on this thread. Some times you can't get the cards to go your way. That happens in poker, especially in tournaments. In cash games you can sit around and not play hands for a while if things aren't going your way, but in tournaments you have to play a lot of hands. Bad runs happen, it's a part of the game. GG DN.BTW Johnny Chan is out too.

A lot of Daniel ripping on this thread. Some times you can't get the cards to go your way. That happens in poker, especially in tournaments. In cash games you can sit around and not play hands for a while if things aren't going your way, but in tournaments you have to play a lot of hands. Bad runs happen, it's a part of the game. GG DN.BTW Johnny Chan is out too.
In HSP season 5 he looked like a total donk. Another example of DN being out classed at the table with top pros.
Once again Daniel is out early in a big event with poker's top players. Daniel peaked during what year? 2004, the year which had the most dead money after the Moneymaker poker boom. Daniel does well against weak players, but cleary he can not hold his own versus the top players. Just sayin, not hatin'
Just like the WSOPE last year.......
Variance. No one has come close to winning cardplayer POY award twice, there are just too many good players around now days. The fact he did it once should be enough. Also notice his tourny schedule compared to 2004, he is playing less then half the amount of tournys out side of WSOP. Ivey said he would win a bracelet at 1:1.8 last year and didnt, that means he is a spent force, I think he plays 500/1000 on FT, you should jump on that free money.
Just like the WSOPE last year.......Variance. No one has come close to winning cardplayer POY award twice, there are just too many good players around now days. The fact he did it once should be enough. Also notice his tourny schedule compared to 2004, he is playing less then half the amount of tournys out side of WSOP. Ivey said he would win a bracelet at 1:1.8 last year and didnt, that means he is a spent force, I think he plays 500/1000 on FT, you should jump on that free money.
I said he did go deep in a "few" tournys like the WSOPE last year. Cardplayer POY: Yes he did win it, in 2004. He hasn't come close since.His Schedule: There are way more deep stack 10K+ events now vs 2004. Ivey: that has nothing to do with my point
I said he did go deep in a "few" tournys like the WSOPE last year. Cardplayer POY: Yes he did win it, in 2004. He hasn't come close since.His Schedule: There are way more deep stack 10K+ events now vs 2004. Ivey: that has nothing to do with my point
your mom is so fat...
Once again Daniel is out early in a big event with poker's top players. Daniel peaked during what year? 2004, the year which had the most dead money after the Moneymaker poker boom. Daniel does well against weak players, but cleary he can not hold his own versus the top players. Just sayin, not hatin'
Top players... like Doug Lee.

If winning or losing flips is a true measure of your poker ability then I am as good as anyone out there.

lol @ everyone piling up on rivers because he didn't bow down to DN. Pretty obv he's not as good/doesn't care as much as he used to, and his results pretty much show that. No need to attack the guy.

..... And he is playing less then 2004. So if there are more chances to get points and he is taking less of them that means He will never get that close compared to the others. Also the people who do play the events day in and day out are not coming close to repeating. You really dont see my point or understand poker variance. He only played a "few". 3 out of 4 WSOPE events he cashed, the main event he FT. He kills POY at WSOP which is the only thing he really attends the same amount of events for compared to everyone else. What ever think what you like.
When you write a book and develop an entire online poker training course touting the merits of 'small ball' poker, this bust out hand is LOL wtf. I'm sure he had his reasons but on paper it's terribad. Good thing I don't have the roll, backing or high profile to play in live events where my bust out hands are reported.