I have been running well and have a monster stack. At the point of the hand, the opponent was at around $700. He had been up to ~1k, but lost some. he is competent, thinking player. Made some tough/loose calls but had been right every time. In addition, Got running Qs on a 578 board when opponent flopped straight ($ went in on turn, he had q8). Well, now were shorthanded with five and hes two to my RIGHT and has been raising almost every time on his button/my BB. This time I look down at 910 off and decide to repop from 12 to 35. He insta calls. Flop comes qh jh 6x. I bet $50. He sticks a 100$ stack in. Whats your play?

I have been running well and have a monster stack. At the point of the hand, the opponent was at around $700. He had been up to ~1k, but lost some. he is competent, thinking player. Made some tough/loose calls but had been right every time. In addition, Got running Qs on a 578 board when opponent flopped straight ($ went in on turn, he had q8). Well, now were shorthanded with five and hes two to my left and has been raising almost every time on his button. This time I look down at 910 off and decide to repop from 12 to 35. He insta calls. Flop comes qh jh 6x. I bet $50. He sticks a 100$ stack in. Whats your play?
Tricky spot, depends is always the answer but this time it really applys. If he is doing it because he is testing you and you feel it as a test I continue representing Aces or Kings.Play only works right if he is capable of folding one pair. If he calls you of course can win anyway. Now for the other options, folding seems terrible, Even the immediate odds of 8 outs is 17% getting 4.4 to 1 with Implied odds is pretty good. Calling and check folding the turn to a big bet seems worse. If you call and get there its hard to put you on 109, especially if an 8 comes.Getting called by a heart draw would really stink too, Although against Ah6h you have more outs than if he has AA (Ten vs Eight). All said this spot really stinks to be put in, you know your behind, but you want to win.My advice, Jam it in there and pray he is weak. I put him on AJ, by the way position sucks.
Tricky spot, depends is always the answer but this time it really applys. If he is doing it because he is testing you and you feel it as a test I continue representing Aces or Kings.Play only works right if he is capable of folding one pair. If he calls you of course can win anyway. Now for the other options, folding seems terrible, Even the immediate odds of 8 outs is 17% getting 4.4 to 1 with Implied odds is pretty good. Calling and check folding the turn to a big bet seems worse. If you call and get there its hard to put you on 109, especially if an 8 comes.Getting called by a heart draw would really stink too, Although against Ah6h you have more outs than if he has AA (Ten vs Eight). All said this spot really stinks to be put in, you know your behind, but you want to win.My advice, Jam it in there and pray he is weak. I put him on AJ, by the way position sucks.
Hero is on the button, and he just check min-raised us in a 3bet pot. He's not bluffing. OP, I just flat and re-eval turn. Shoving/raising is really bad when villain has taken this line, and you have the right odds to go straight hunting.
Hero is on the button, and he just check min-raised us in a 3bet pot. He's not bluffing. OP, I just flat and re-eval turn. Shoving/raising is really bad when villain has taken this line, and you have the right odds to go straight hunting.
ok so turn is a low black card and we check. villian fires just $100. The pot is now 370 and it costs us 100 to call....
Lucky you, clearly this guy isn't much of a player, $100 into $270.Any line seems ok from here, he pry has our hero on a flush draw.Great bluffing oppurtunity of a heart comes.Call and fire if any of the 15 outs come, $200 either way.What did he have, I still think AJ.
Lucky you, clearly this guy isn't much of a player, $100 into $270.Any line seems ok from here, he pry has our hero on a flush draw.Great bluffing oppurtunity of a heart comes.Call and fire if any of the 15 outs come, $200 either way.What did he have, I still think AJ.
couple more replies and i will post the results. I really did not know what to do on the turn play. i dont like check/calling 50 BBs with a 18% of winning, even if I have the odds.
couple more replies and i will post the results. I really did not know what to do on the turn play. i dont like check/calling 50 BBs with a 18% of winning, even if I have the odds.
Your not just check calling with 18%, you got more than that, But you got to play the hearts too. Thats why I like limit better, you can play better. More controlled.No Limit is a dick-wagin contest and sometimes you gota wag.Bet like crazy if that heart comes. I might change my mind if I made the straight. ( check-Jam)
I have been running well and have a monster stack. At the point of the hand, the opponent was at around $700. He had been up to ~1k, but lost some. he is competent, thinking player. Made some tough/loose calls but had been right every time. In addition, Got running Qs on a 578 board when opponent flopped straight ($ went in on turn, he had q8).
I may be thinking on too low a level here, but I don't think the way to beat this opponent is trying to make him lay down winners.
I may be thinking on too low a level here, but I don't think the way to beat this opponent is trying to make him lay down winners.
so what do you post-flop/turn. Take away the preflop play for once. You cant fold for 50 on the flop can you? what about 100 on the turn?
so what do you post-flop/turn. Take away the preflop play for once. You cant fold for 50 on the flop can you? what about 100 on the turn?
I think the same principle applies on the flop and turn. He won't fold. We're priced in. Call.
I called 100 on the turn.River came an offsuit 10.I checked, he quietly said all in.I foldedHe tabled K8 of clubsFML ISAP
I figured it about right, guys go on Tilt and this is the kind of things they do on Tilt, an easy way to win a pot, Jam it in there next time, hey maybe he calls and you win anyway. :club: