I am headed to NO the end of May. I was there about a year ago. Harrah's charged a $6 rake every 30 minutes. I had never experience this kind of rake. I thought is was a little steep. ( of course all rakes are) What are the opinions of this rake? Does anyone know if they still have this rake? Are there any other places to play in NO?If not is there a different style one should play we facing a time rake?Thanks for the time-

I am headed to NO the end of May. I was there about a year ago. Harrah's charged a $6 rake every 30 minutes. I had never experience this kind of rake. I thought is was a little steep. ( of course all rakes are) What are the opinions of this rake? Does anyone know if they still have this rake? Are there any other places to play in NO?If not is there a different style one should play we facing a time rake?Thanks for the time-
Never done a time rake, but that doesn't seem bad.Assume you play 10-12 hands every 30 minutes. That comes out to like .50 per hand.While that doesn't account for a fold around to blinds hand, or a 200 pot......it seems legit to me, as far as rakes get legit.
I was in NO about 2 months ago. Like you said the rake at harrahs is a bitch. You have to tip the dealer 6 bucks every rotation. And really the staff comes off as rude. If I go back to NO I will probably not play there again. I will probably just play online in my hotel room. Lastly if you are staying in the french quarter go to mother's for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The food there is great. Also try the cresent city brewery.
I was in NO about 2 months ago. Like you said the rake at harrahs is a bitch. You have to tip the dealer 6 bucks every rotation. And really the staff comes off as rude. If I go back to NO I will probably not play there again. I will probably just play online in my hotel room. Lastly if you are staying in the french quarter go to mother's for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The food there is great. Also try the cresent city brewery.
yep that was the deal-- every dealer change was a 6 dollar fee. The more I think about it the worse it seems. IF 12 hands is correct then it is a ripoff. That would remove $60 every 30 minutes. Raking $4 a pot would keep more money on the table. I didn't see anyone pay the $6 out of there pocket. It also felt like paying a bill. I hate bills! What really gets me, if your stuck it is like putting salt in the wound. I appeciate the french quarter ideas. I have been to the brewery and like it too. I will definitely try out mother's---

oohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, so it's 6 bucks a person. I'm a friggen idiot. I'm sitting here like.....uh 6 bucks for the table per 1/2 hour is a super steal guys, you are all dumb.Yeah, that does seem pretty steep. I've never done a time rake, but i'd be much less apt to tip on hands, just because paying the time rake would just feel like a forced tip, especially if the staff is less than amicable.