J9o In Bb Vs. Loose Aggressive Opponent

Villain (Button) is 49/10/Inf/95when checked to him, he will bet ~85% of the time.Here is the hand.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comMP ($1.96)Button ($7.74)SB ($12.95)Hero (BB) ($11.67)UTG ($10)Preflop: Hero is BB with Jspade.gif, 9heart.gif2 folds, Button calls $0.10, 1 fold, Hero checksFlop: ($0.25) Jheart.gif, 4diamond.gif, 10club.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25Turn: ($0.75) 2heart.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $0.75, Hero calls $0.75River: ($2.25) 9diamond.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $2.25, Hero raises to $9, Button calls $4.39 (All-In)Total pot: $15.53 | Rake: $1.03

I'm not a fan of raising the river. Unless he is a complete spewtard he will work out that one pair is not good. Against an aggressive player check calling flop and turn is fine. I might check fold the river were it not for the 9. Happy to call the river bet, but no need to raise.

I think raising river is fine against a 49/10/inf. If we were 100bbs+ deep, then calling would be better.

I'm not a fan of raising the river. Unless he is a complete spewtard he will work out that one pair is not good. Against an aggressive player check calling flop and turn is fine. I might check fold the river were it not for the 9. Happy to call the river bet, but no need to raise.
What I guess I was getting at is i perceived him as a spewtard, his call on the button could range from KQo to 24s... he tended to play any suited cards, pretty much disregarding preflop raises when considering his hands. he would always raise pockets preflop, along with a couple other hands (making me think he didn't have KQ or trips especially limping on the button) and he would almost always fire pot bets to checks on flop and turn (i hadn't made it to the river versus him yet) i saw a couple hands of him vs others, where he pot bet the river with 2nd pair or 3rd pair, to a scary board.I would normally agree to the not raising the river, but given his aggression and general playing style ( i would somewhat consider him a sheriff, he often thinks the opponent has nothing ) i think the 1/2 pot reraise on the river will be called by him with many hands i beat (any other 2 pair than JT, and any pair, i think he may have even called with a pair of tens if he had it on that board based on his playing style).Really a lot of this comes from what my perception of him was at the table, but I am hoping to have my thoughts checked for this type of situation. Action in different similar situations: Flat call river vs. most opponents here if they bet out on the river where i hit 2 pr on that board... fold if river seems threatening & i don't hit 2 pr / opponent seems threatening (tight passive making bets).
What I guess I was getting at is i perceived him as a spewtard, his call on the button could range from KQo to 24s... he tended to play any suited cards, pretty much disregarding preflop raises when considering his hands. he would always raise pockets preflop, along with a couple other hands (making me think he didn't have KQ or trips especially limping on the button) and he would almost always fire pot bets to checks on flop and turn (i hadn't made it to the river versus him yet) i saw a couple hands of him vs others, where he pot bet the river with 2nd pair or 3rd pair, to a scary board.I would normally agree to the not raising the river, but given his aggression and general playing style ( i would somewhat consider him a sheriff, he often thinks the opponent has nothing ) i think the 1/2 pot reraise on the river will be called by him with many hands i beat (any other 2 pair than JT, and any pair, i think he may have even called with a pair of tens if he had it on that board based on his playing style).Really a lot of this comes from what my perception of him was at the table, but I am hoping to have my thoughts checked for this type of situation. Action in different similar situations: Flat call river vs. most opponents here if they bet out on the river where i hit 2 pr on that board... fold if river seems threatening & i don't hit 2 pr / opponent seems threatening (tight passive making bets).
this is some good information on the guy we should know in the original post that would help us to give advice. knowing all this, i'd play it the same, and just shake my head when he turns up JT.another option is to c/r the flop. how did ever have to react to being c/r'ed?
this is some good information on the guy we should know in the original post that would help us to give advice. knowing all this, i'd play it the same, and just shake my head when he turns up JT.another option is to c/r the flop. how did ever have to react to being c/r'ed?
He would mostly re-raise check raises, or fold, re-raising was generally .. i don't remember the exact amount of hands that went to showdown, but when opponents would bet into him there would tend to be showdowns ( note: the other players on the table hadn't been there as long as him, and were often short stacked if this matters)As for the results, I'm not saying they turned out disfavorably, or favorably, I more or less wanted a check up on this type of hand... as for some reason lately I've been playing a lot of loose aggressive, maybe it's a surge of this type of player. :)I'll try to make more descriptive posts in the future.
I think it's fine. If the villain has been potting with exactly QK all the way, we'll crush him over time.If he has JT, that's life. If he has Jx, he's gotta pay because he's getting like 100:1 to call the river.

I like your line knowing the extra info

Villain (Button) is 49/10/Inf/95when checked to him, he will bet ~85% of the time.Here is the hand.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comMP ($1.96)Button ($7.74)SB ($12.95)Hero (BB) ($11.67)UTG ($10)Preflop: Hero is BB with Jspade.gif, 9heart.gif2 folds, Button calls $0.10, 1 fold, Hero checksFlop: ($0.25) Jheart.gif, 4diamond.gif, 10club.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25Turn: ($0.75) 2heart.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $0.75, Hero calls $0.75River: ($2.25) 9diamond.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $2.25, Hero raises to $9, Button calls $4.39 (All-In)Total pot: $15.53 | Rake: $1.03
Why not bet out on the flop? Maybe I'm missing something, but what is the reasoning for check/calling?
when checked to him, he will bet ~85% of the time.
To allow villain to bet worse hands than ours that he might fold if we bet ourselves.

From his description it sounds to me like he's not too interested in folding too many hands anyways. Still though, if we're checking because we know he's gonna just bet a lot of times, why not check/raise then?

From his description it sounds to me like he's not too interested in folding too many hands anyways. Still though, if we're checking because we know he's gonna just bet a lot of times, why not check/raise then?
if we check raise, he's ditching everything we beat.If we check call, he's going to fire again on the turn.What's great about that is that he'll be so committed at the river that he'll have to fire again no matter what he holds.Again, look at his stats and the read. We can stack him with top pair about 70% of the time. Is that enough?