Stock Investments

I got into reading about stocks about a year ago or so. Since I'm wicked over the top with everything, I probably read 15-20 books cover to cover at the bookstore and follow the junk all the time. Anyway, I'm up 40.67% since I started investing in February. My appraoch is a strict value investing approach because I learned by reading Ben Graham, Buffett and others of the like. Should I be excited by this? It really does not seem very difficult because I have not picked a losing stock in the short time frame I have been picking. I'm assuming it's a short term luck thing because the time frame is so short. The account has been steadily is increasing from 8 to 12 to 15 to 22 to 28 to 32to 35 to 40%, but I'm just looking for answers for people who actually know what they are doing. What are realistic results? I believe that anyone could acheive great results in this investment climate because stock evaluations are so low, so virtually everything is on sale. Someone please tell me what I can expect. I pick stocks based upon low price to earnings, low price to book, high return on equity, low debt levels, etc...

i dont do the stock thing....so this in no way relates to your post...but i was just thinking. when my socks are completely soaked or im sitting with my feet with socks on in a little bit of water...i like the squishy feelingjust wanted to share

79662-Jim_Cramer.jpgI do what this guy tells me to do and I am in the market for a noose.Your time period is too small to draw any conclusions especially considering how much the market has rallied since then. Using you philosiphy you wont get hurt to bad long term. Might want to sell everything before May 4th and look for more bargains if it tanks again.
79662-Jim_Cramer.jpgI do what this guy tells me to do and I am in the market for a noose.Your time period is too small to draw any conclusions especially considering how much the market has rallied since then. Using you philosiphy you wont get hurt to bad long term. Might want to sell everything before May 4th and look for more bargains if it tanks again.
all fine and good advice...but what of my sock squishiness fetish?