OK....I'm not at all a regular poster but I am a regular visitor. I lurked for years before my first post. It seems that there are considerably fewer posts & posters around than there were this time a year ago. Bob, do you have any stats? Does anyone else agree? Flame away!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some parts of the forum are slower than last year and some have more activity such as the entertainment and Daniel's Blog forums.This is the slowest time of year for anything online and poker related. All of the online sites see a decrease in the amount of people playing in the Spring in the Northern Hemisphere. Poker Forums also see this seasonal decrease in activity.

Some parts of the forum are slower than last year and some have more activity such as the entertainment and Daniel's Blog forums.This is the slowest time of year for anything online and poker related. All of the online sites see a decrease in the amount of people playing in the Spring in the Northern Hemisphere. Poker Forums also see this seasonal decrease in activity.
HE'S ALIVE!!!
This is the slowest time of year for anything online and poker related. All of the online sites see a decrease in the amount of people playing in the Spring in the Northern Hemisphere. Poker Forums also see this seasonal decrease in activity.
April's Publisher's NoteWell, the site continues to grow. We now routinely get 1.2 million page views a day (and sometimes higher) and have had our first two 23,000 post days. We also routinely get over 50,000 unique visitors a day. As usual, we are just amazed by this growth and thank everyone for their supported.In the future, we expect the growth to continue and probably accelerate as we start some serious search engine optimization work. There will also be a few additions to www.twoplustwo.com. You’ll recognize them as they are implemented....- Mason Malmuth
accident-aground.jpgLooks to be a big negatory on that one, Bobski.
Looks to be a big negatory on that one, Bobski.
Yes and No.I would guess that he wrote that statment in March from Feb and March stats and they most likely will experience a flattening in April and May until the WSOP starts. They are the largest poker forum and most likely are increasing their share of people.Here's a quote from Poker Scout about online poker traffic at this time of year.http://www.pokerscout.com/news/weekly-traf...009&week=18
Weekly Online Poker Traffic Update4/26/2009Seasonal weakness continued this week. Online poker traffic dropped 3% overall from last week, with nine of the top 10 sites and networks losing traffic. A similar drop was seen at this time last year, but this year's slump has been more severe.Like last week, PartyPoker suffered the most. The site declined 12% for the second week in a row as its Gladiator promotion drew to a close.

I would like to post more, but there hasn't been an interesting thread in Gen Pop for maybe a couple weeks now. I can only say GLGL so many times for the thousand rail threads.I'd even settle for a really bad thread so I could flame someone.

Hello folks, welcome to egypt. I'll be your tour guide for this trip. If you look to the left, you will notice de great pyramids. Aren't they beautiful? And if you look to the right, you will see DENIAL.
Hello folks, welcome to egypt. I'll be your tour guide for this trip. If you look to the left, you will notice de great pyramids. Aren't they beautiful? And if you look to the right, you will see DENIAL.
You should talk...you're the one that drove most of them away!<3

Technical indicators suggest that you breached critical resistance levels in October and will remain a short from here forward.FCPAlexa.jpgThe recent uptick (resolved in terms of "3 mo. Change") is simply a bear rally. The central operative dynamic is that you currently remain beneath your historical floor, even after the uptick. You'd better slap a handle on this one fast.4alexa.jpg4, on the other hand, as a dependable vacillating patterns indicative of reliable (and predictable) seasonal conditions and a fairly solid floor in the .01 range.

I would like to post more, but there hasn't been an interesting thread in Gen Pop for maybe a couple weeks now. I can only say GLGL so many times for the thousand rail threads.I'd even settle for a really bad thread so I could flame someone.
There has always been a naturnal ebb and flow of traffic on fcp.
These. I also think the fact that Daniel doesn't really ever post here anymore slows the draw of new people to the site. Especially when he posts in 2p2's general threads all the time.Mark
These. I also think the fact that Daniel doesn't really ever post here anymore slows the draw of new people to the site. Especially when he posts in 2p2's general threads all the time.Mark
Maybe we should talk more shit about him? That's how they do it over there right?
graphs...
I don't think those graphs show anything close to what you are saying. About all I get out of them is that FCP is a leading indicator for trends on 2+2 by about a month. This seems plausible since smaller entities respond to changes more quickly than larger entities.And yes, that word is a lot like N-titties.
And yes, that word is a lot like N-titties.
Scram has a problem with N-titties and J-titties, and M-titties and A-titties, and probably some other kinds of titties that we don't even know about.
I think DN contributing to the forum would help, but we all know the real answer.1st...The death of the challenge thread as FCP knows it. The Challenge thread used to do at least 5 long (the 40 posts or whatever) pages per day. That thread has done about 5 pages THIS MONTH. I would say since the end of February, FCP has lost around 27.853 posts...rough estimate of course since where on earth would I get access to such a crazy number?2nd...There are always gonna be bad/douchey posters. However, that number has seemed to skyrocket in the last year. I won't name any names, but let's just say there has been a bit too much zigging and zagging going on. It's pretty hard to read a thread these days w/o someone totally gheying it up.Fwiw...I still post here and like FCP but it's not the same as it used to be. The "old" FCP had a very family vibe about it. Yes, we would have our share of flaming etc. But more than any other forum we were our own "community/family" if you will. For me at least, FCP has lost most of that and I am pretty sure we won't get that back here. It is what it is...
I think DN contributing to the forum would help, but we all know the real answer.1st...The death of the challenge thread as FCP knows it. The Challenge thread used to do at least 5 long (the 40 posts or whatever) pages per day. That thread has done about 5 pages THIS MONTH. I would say since the end of February, FCP has lost around 27.853 posts...rough estimate of course since where on earth would I get access to such a crazy number?2nd...There are always gonna be bad/douchey posters. However, that number has seemed to skyrocket in the last year. I won't name any names, but let's just say there has been a bit too much zigging and zagging going on. It's pretty hard to read a thread these days w/o someone totally gheying it up.Fwiw...I still post here and like FCP but it's not the same as it used to be. The "old" FCP had a very family vibe about it. Yes, we would have our share of flaming etc. But more than any other forum we were our own "community/family" if you will. For me at least, FCP has lost most of that and I am pretty sure we won't get that back here. It is what it is...
This post I think says it all

I am a charter member and I am still waiting for my "special privileges".swthis forum is not what it used to be, DN will only pop up on here when he has something to gain from it (Poker VT, Stacked,...)