VP$IP/PFR/AF/Hands19 / 8 / 4.0 / 4396Those are my stats over the last ~2 weeks...Provided I'm playing well post flop, are these 'profitable' stats to have playing poker at $.02 to $.10 on FT?If not, against the general playing strategies of low limit players on FT, should i be looser, tighter, more aggressive, more passive, raise more prf?Any suggestions would be appreciated, I'm looking to adjust my game back and forth, to find a nice medium at these stakes so that i have an idea of what possible opponents who know what they're doing at these stakes might be thinking.

In general the rake at those levels is pretty tough to overcome. When you can get to $25nl it gets a lot more profitable. Obv the level of comp you'rep laying is worse so it is still profitable, but you need to have rakeback, so you can cruise past those ubermicro limits.Stats you want to have is probably 20/17. What are your aggression stats by street? I'm assuming you're cbetting non-stop especially because you're only raising your top 7%. You're probably open limping too often, and calling to set mine too often when it's not profitable. You want to set mine against people that are very tight, because they are more likely to have a big pocket pair, if you are calling a loose player with small pocket pairs you won't make much when you hit your sets.You should be tightest UTG, then gradually open more hands, if it folds to you on the button you should raise a really wide range, Ax, K6ss+, Q8+ etc. Get very aggro in button and cutoff and play about as tight as you regularly do UTG and you should see a bit more success. The optimal strategy at these limits is going to be isolating players that play way too many hands. You are going to see lots of limping so you should be making it 4x+1bb for every limper. So if you're on the button with AJ and 3 limp to you at 1c-2c you should make it 14c. That should get you heads up with someones random garbage, with you in position.

In general the rake at those levels is pretty tough to overcome. When you can get to $25nl it gets a lot more profitable. Obv the level of comp you'rep laying is worse so it is still profitable, but you need to have rakeback, so you can cruise past those ubermicro limits.Stats you want to have is probably 20/17. What are your aggression stats by street? I'm assuming you're cbetting non-stop especially because you're only raising your top 7%. You're probably open limping too often, and calling to set mine too often when it's not profitable. You want to set mine against people that are very tight, because they are more likely to have a big pocket pair, if you are calling a loose player with small pocket pairs you won't make much when you hit your sets.You should be tightest UTG, then gradually open more hands, if it folds to you on the button you should raise a really wide range, Ax, K6ss+, Q8+ etc. Get very aggro in button and cutoff and play about as tight as you regularly do UTG and you should see a bit more success. The optimal strategy at these limits is going to be isolating players that play way too many hands. You are going to see lots of limping so you should be making it 4x+1bb for every limper. So if you're on the button with AJ and 3 limp to you at 1c-2c you should make it 14c. That should get you heads up with someones random garbage, with you in position.
Hey, Thanks tskillz, i'll try this!I don't have rakeback, but i'm still profiting at these stakes, albeit more slowly than i might be without rakeback...I think i was making too small of bets pref, and not isolating, and i think the low aggro preflop might come from limping in late position vs. 5-7 opponents with low PP, wanting to hit trips vs a wide variety of hands, but i'll pay more attention to when i bet. I'll also pay more attention to late positions, since i think that my early position play is right, tossing out QJ etc. and I'll keep track of what hands are making me money and losing me money, so that i can be more specific in asking questions after i try your suggestions. i also think my VPIP might go up to 22-25 when i adopt this, and my PFR would be upper teens (probably closer to 22% VP$IP), and I'll try to post on here in a couple weeks after i have tried to change my strategy with my new stats.

Shit, I thought you were playing 6max. I think by your last post you are playing full ring, 20/17 is fine but on the more aggressive side, you might wanna fall to like 18/15, but the same still applies about hands getting more and more as you get closer to the button.

Shit, I thought you were playing 6max. I think by your last post you are playing full ring, 20/17 is fine but on the more aggressive side, you might wanna fall to like 18/15, but the same still applies about hands getting more and more as you get closer to the button.
ok after my first session at 1c/2c I'm16 / 10 / 3.4 / 327VP$IP / PFR / AF / HANDSEDIT::I will try to get my PFR up a little bit, i was +2.19 which was +33.5/100 --- BB/100 hands,and it felt like a pretty standard session. regular beats, normal plays and hand distributions etc.
  • 2 weeks later...

OK, I'm not at the 10k hand mark yet, but i figured i'd update it since I haven't been playing as much as i hoped (damn school)I'm still under 3k hands, and i'll post again at 10K with stats.I'm 17/12/3.3/2693 +$8.19 at $.01/$.02 Full ring tables.so... 15.2/100 --- BB/100 hands3k hands is enough to see the general trend of my betting but not necessarily my profit rate... since even here, you only see a certain type of hand maybe 10 to 30 times, and statistical variance will come into play even in a 50k hand sample..anyways, if someone has any suggestions or basic betting tips based on my stats of things i should adjust here, let me know...

If that's in BB and not bb that's really good and almost definitely not sustainable winrate. What's your Cbet% flop cbet, and aggression by street?

If that's in BB and not bb that's really good and almost definitely not sustainable winrate. What's your Cbet% flop cbet, and aggression by street?
I don't have these exact stats as i don't have the same poker tracker as most people use, but i can approximate, as i know my game pretty well.i'm not quite sure what cbet% vs flop cbet is, but my aggression by street is probably something like flop 3, turn 5, river 1.5 or so. These are just estimates, since i don't have the same software (holdem indicator).I couldn't justify spending the money on pokertracker since I don't play high enough stakes, and i got holdem indicator for free by a promotion.haha sorry i wasn't aware of the disparity of BB vs bb... bb. I did have a session where i played poorly... i was up & should have known to quit... ex GF called hah...

Just keep doin what you're doing when you get your roll to like $200 you should spend $50 on HEM small stakes version imo. It's really good, and I'd take a shot at $10nl with 15BIs but it's up to you, basically I think even if you just play $10nl HEM is a good idea.

Just keep doin what you're doing when you get your roll to like $200 you should spend $50 on HEM small stakes version imo. It's really good, and I'd take a shot at $10nl with 15BIs but it's up to you, basically I think even if you just play $10nl HEM is a good idea.
Hey question for you: So, I was reading up on poker tracker 3 vs. HEM... for the most part it seemed that HEM had more/better features than PT3, do you agree? and wouldn't it be a better investment to buy the full version, if I intend on building up my bankroll, so that perhaps sometime (distant future) if i play those stakes i won't have to buy the full version, or do they allow you to upgrade for the difference in price? Thanks!