Interesting Steps Wwyd Hand

Don't think I have ever had a situation like this come up.Step Tourny, down to 6 (5th goes down a step, 3rd/4th repeat step, 1st/2nd move up a step).I have a pretty nice chiplead on the rest of the table and this hand comes up where UTG pushes, MP repushes, Cutoff calls all in, Button Calls All In and I'm left in the BB with KJo needing to call T2210 to win T7495. Gotta figure you are way behind and most likely dominated in many ways and most likely against Aces as well. You win the Step is over, you lose then most likely 3 other people are busted and you are down to 3 handed still 1/2 in chips ....PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $25+$2 Tournament, 100/200 Blinds (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com677650.gifSB (t1485)Hero (BB) (t7030)UTG (t835)MP (t2410)CO (t650)Button (t1090)Hero's M: 23.43677650.gifPreflop: Hero is BB with K :ts, J :club:UTG bets t835 (All-In), MP raises to t2410 (All-In), CO calls t650 (All-In), Button calls t1090 (All-In), 1 fold, Hero ?

There's no need to call here. I think you'd need about 5-1 in order for it to be right. The reason I don't call is I'd still have 35bb in an stt (a ton) and probably a shorty or 2 left. Pretty neat hand though. I love folding these hands and watching the carnage.

Since there isn't a chance in hell you could beat all of them to end it w/ KJo, there is no way I'm calling here. There is a very good chance UTG and CO will both get knocked out here, which means you'll still be sitting in great shape with 4 left. Easy fold.

Seems to me that you're still getting good results (lower # of players) even if you fold, and KJ is the kind of hand that's drawing dead in the situation. Fold and let the others duke it out.

you are actually giving tons of equity to the rest of the table if you call here. you have a top two spot effectively locked up, taking that equity off the table. the only way you give it back is by starting to make calls like this.

you are actually giving tons of equity to the rest of the table if you call here. you have a top two spot effectively locked up, taking that equity off the table. the only way you give it back is by starting to make calls like this.
QFT. In fact, we could probably sit out and lock up a win a high percentage of the time.