Yeah well when we meet, I going to remember this, and instead of calling you Balloonguy, or BG or Rob, I just going to call you JERK!And it's Sean because that is the most awesomest way to spell it and the other way is a girls name and it's for sissy's, except Shawn Spencer, who isn't real, but probably could be considered a sissy, but he is really funny so he gets a pass on the mis-spelling and so does Shawon Dunston, because he was one of my favorite baseball players even though his parents really spelled his name wrong, THAT'S NOT HIS FAULT, but he could change it.So there!
So when we meet and a bunch of financail guys are standing there and I make my really cool comment ( see above a few posts) that makes them like me more than you, you are going to respond by calling me a Jerk?Okay Shawn, but I don't think it's going to work for you like you are hoping.
The ignorance in this short thread is hurting my head. I have had to stay away from this forum lately because of the lengthy posts that say virtually nothing.LMD is correct about one thing for sure. The stock market is forward looking, somewhere between 3 and 12 months. The DJIA has dropped roughly from ~9000 to ~6500 since Obama has taken office. Is all that his fault? No, that would be silly to think so, but in a time where we need some positive news and a media feeding frenzy on everything catastrophic we can barely get a "thing's will get better" statement from our president.To make things worse, when his Secretary of the Treasury, Timothy "Taxes" Geitner (TTG from here on out) speaks, everything falls apart. The reason why is, he is actually not being proactive enough. He doing a bunch of stuff that looks like they are doing something, when it's spinning the wheels.All of this spending is completely unnecessary and the markets know it, they know we are likely to see double digit inflation by 2012.Some basic things that would stabalize the economy are the following.1. Change mark to market accounting2. Reinstate the uptick rule3. Set up avenues for the banks to rework the loans they currently hold by offering tax credits to them, instead of billions of untrackable dollars.4. Stop letting TTG and Nancy Pelosi speak to the media......well, there is probably something else that should be done with Pelosi......but I am afraid we are not alone for me to say it.5. Lower corporate tax rates and provide tax saving incentives to keep jobs here vs. sending them over seas.
I like #4 and #5 to be honest. I really thought obama would lower corporate tax rates as a bone to the GOP. That was disappointing.If you are going to blame Obama for the DOW going from 9K to 6.6K.....dont you to blame Bush for the steeper drop from 14K to 9K? Or if you want to give him credit for getting it to 14K in the first place (although that was funny money clearly) then wouldn't he get blame from like 12K to 8.5K? anything?THis problem started a while ago. And it seems a bit galling to declare Obama's first economic moves a failure because the people who created much of this damage (Wall st/banks/business) dont like what he is doing without giving it a chance. I mean they really liked what Bush was doing from 2003-2006 and look how that turned out.
I like #4 and #5 to be honest. I really thought obama would lower corporate tax rates as a bone to the GOP. That was disappointing.If you are going to blame Obama for the DOW going from 9K to 6.6K.....dont you to blame Bush for the steeper drop from 14K to 9K? Or if you want to give him credit for getting it to 14K in the first place (although that was funny money clearly) then wouldn't he get blame from like 12K to 8.5K? anything?THis problem started a while ago. And it seems a bit galling to declare Obama's first economic moves a failure because the people who created much of this damage (Wall st/banks/business) dont like what he is doing without giving it a chance. I mean they really liked what Bush was doing from 2003-2006 and look how that turned out.
You sir are reading into things too much. I do not blame Obama for the DJIA. I think the policies that he has put forth are not the correct path.Also, no where do I talk about Bush in there. It has nothing to do with this.
This IMO is an absolutely accuarate Grand Slam home run of an article.http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/...cky_budget.html
This is exactly what I have been saying and why that ********** Kenny Banya can suck a bag of dicks. Yeah, I can see the future, I know how bad Obama is going to be and I know exactly how much will change when he takes over. **** you, Kenny. You're a waste of human tissue.