Hey guys,I feel like with some of the changes around here this might be the time to institute some more changes to the General Forum here. As most of us can see, FCP is more of a community than a pure strategy or poker forum, and I think it's time that General is treated as such. With some of the challenge thread guys now breaking off to a separate forum, I think that it might be time to do away with the challenge thread altogether. While that was an awesome thing for me personally as well as a lot of others here, I feel like it does not necessarily create the most inviting environment for outsiders coming to FCP. When a lot of the regulars contain most of their posting in there it can be a daunting task for somebody new to the forum to jump in there and feel welcome.I think that General Poker should be a welcome place for all sorts of posts that would interest people here. It can be related to poker strategy, bad beats, off topics, sports, etc... Some posts that are more important (new news to the community, serious strategy questions, general goofiness) should be new threads in addition to new threads that are welcomed here. Things like a place to vent about bad beats, being drunk, off topics, etc... can be contained in one large thread, yet still in General Poker. From what I understand, the Strategy forums here aren't that active, so I think that we can move a lot of that content here at least for the time being. This can help raise visibility to strategy, which I and other regulars have gotten away from, and encourage new members to engage in strategy discussions so that they may integrate themselves into the community and become valued members here.I think the Sports Betting Thread is proof of how off topic threads can be successful in General Poker and bring the community together. By poker forum standards, especially when compared to 2p2, we are a fairly small community, and I think that having this small of a community split into as many subforums as we are is not a positive thing. General Poker, at least for the time being should be a more community oriented thread and not necessarily all related to poker.Everybody, feel free to add any input you'd like, but I think that General Poker needs to embrace the community aspect of FCP more as this is where most of the people I would consider FCPers hang out.

Hey guys,I feel like with some of the changes around here this might be the time to institute some more changes to the General Forum here. As most of us can see, FCP is more of a community than a pure strategy or poker forum, and I think it's time that General is treated as such. With some of the challenge thread guys now breaking off to a separate forum, I think that it might be time to do away with the challenge thread altogether. While that was an awesome thing for me personally as well as a lot of others here, I feel like it does not necessarily create the most inviting environment for outsiders coming to FCP. When a lot of the regulars contain most of their posting in there it can be a daunting task for somebody new to the forum to jump in there and feel welcome.I think that General Poker should be a welcome place for all sorts of posts that would interest people here. It can be related to poker strategy, bad beats, off topics, sports, etc... Some posts that are more important (new news to the community, serious strategy questions, general goofiness) should be new threads in addition to new threads that are welcomed here. Things like a place to vent about bad beats, being drunk, off topics, etc... can be contained in one large thread, yet still in General Poker. From what I understand, the Strategy forums here aren't that active, so I think that we can move a lot of that content here at least for the time being. This can help raise visibility to strategy, which I and other regulars have gotten away from, and encourage new members to engage in strategy discussions so that they may integrate themselves into the community and become valued members here.I think the Sports Betting Thread is proof of how off topic threads can be successful in General Poker and bring the community together. By poker forum standards, especially when compared to 2p2, we are a fairly small community, and I think that having this small of a community split into as many subforums as we are is not a positive thing. General Poker, at least for the time being should be a more community oriented thread and not necessarily all related to poker.Everybody, feel free to add any input you'd like, but I think that General Poker needs to embrace the community aspect of FCP more as this is where most of the people I would consider FCPers hang out.
Ban

Some of the OP I agree with and some I don't.I view General Poker as a place for discussing things that are poker, gambling, Vegas and traveling and general poker community related.It isn't a place for everything as there is still a need for a lot of the sub forums but you'll notice that we aren't as quick to move things around from forum to forum just because something doesn't fit the exact definition of what that forum is about.The reality is that there are different communities within FCP and some people never get out of the hockey forum while some never leave general poker. If people who are part of general poker make a Super Bowl thread we don't need to move that to the football forum just like we don't need to move the thread in the hockey forum about a charity poker tournament at the Hockey Hall of Fame out of the hockey forum.

I agree with a lot of that Zimm. I think the challenge thread was and is a great place to learn but I know it's intimidating to post in there if you don't post in there frequently. I read the challenge thread from time to time but I rarely post there anymore since it turned into all NL and because I don't feel like I'm really part of the "family" in there. I think the sports betting thread has been extremely entertaining and it's been nice for me to be able to talk with others in there and on AIM about stuff. Now that many of the challenge thread posters have moved on to a different forum, I think it would be appropriate for people to post their hands in the strategy sections instead of the challenge thread. That might help make the strategy forums more active like they used to be. Good post, Zimm.

I wouldn't kill the challenge thread. I don't think it's uninviting. It's prob. one of, or was, the most popular threads on this forum by both posters and lurkers.Obviously that's speculative but w/e.

Some of the OP I agree with and some I don't.I view General Poker as a place for discussing things that are poker, gambling, Vegas and traveling and general poker community related.It isn't a place for everything as there is still a need for a lot of the sub forums but you'll notice that we aren't as quick to move things around from forum to forum just because something doesn't fit the exact definition of what that forum is about.The reality is that there are different communities within FCP and some people never get out of the hockey forum while some never leave general poker. If people who are part of general poker make a Super Bowl thread we don't need to move that to the football forum just like we don't need to move the thread in the hockey forum about a charity poker tournament at the Hockey Hall of Fame out of the hockey forum.
It's almost like you know what you're doing Bobbie my boy
I agree with this. I think that at this time especially, dissipating the Challenge Thread might be a good idea for the community in general. I think containing things in large threads might be a good idea. (like the Sports betting thread, maybe a p2p transfer thread, or maybe just a general low content thread) Having large threads for topics that wouldn't create a lot of discussion would be a good thing, yet encourage the creation of new threads for things that could create a lot of discussion.
you have some good points, moving the Challenge threads to the strat section may be the best place for it. I would like to see a thread to replace it that would encourage the newbie's to post hands for feedback on different angles to play a hand or how not to play it out. Most times you get called a bad player which does not encourage a player to improve there skill. They need to know why it's wrong and what is the best play to make with the reasoning behind it. Not the flaming some of the senior members here give out. It's the rational behind the move, sometimes you forget that or you need that simple reminder but do it without being so rude or being called names. People here have to remember that not all want to make the big bucks in poker some of us are here because we just love the game and that we play for the fun and enjoyment of it. Sure if we make a little fine it's a bonus, but you have to love the game in order to win at it in the first place. We have one thing in common and it is that love for the game, and that's why we are all here as we share it together.
you have some good points, moving the Challenge threads to the strat section may be the best place for it. I would like to see a thread to replace it that would encourage the newbie's to post hands for feedback on different angles to play a hand or how not to play it out. Most times you get called a bad player which does not encourage a player to improve there skill. They need to know why it's wrong and what is the best play to make with the reasoning behind it. Not the flaming some of the senior members here give out. It's the rational behind the move, sometimes you forget that or you need that simple reminder but do it without being so rude or being called names. People here have to remember that not all want to make the big bucks in poker some of us are here because we just love the game and that we play for the fun and enjoyment of it. Sure if we make a little fine it's a bonus, but you have to love the game in order to win at it in the first place. We have one thing in common and it is that love for the game, and that's why we are all here as we share it together.
Speak for yourself.I hate this stupid game
Speak for yourself.I hate this stupid game
<3 you BG, lol
This is just a silly idea. How would we know about the secret forum if it was a secret.You have created a paradox.
Well there's 'we', then there's 'we', if you know what I mean.Which I'm guessing you don't because you are clearly 'we' and not 'we', but I think you could become 'we' with some proper training, which I m offering for $75 a month for 4 months
Well there's 'we', then there's 'we', if you know what I mean.Which I'm guessing you don't because you are clearly 'we' and not 'we', but I think you could become 'we' with some proper training, which I m offering for $75 a month for 4 months
wat
Well at least you are being up front about the cost.Now could I get a resume and list of qualifications, three references, blood type, sexual orientation and how you take your coffee bound and notarized by 3 PM tomorrow.
Well at least you are being up front about the cost.Now could I get a resume and list of qualifications, three references, blood type, sexual orientation and how you take your coffee bound and notarized by 3 PM tomorrow.
I've never had my coffee notarized..I'll get back to you
You're 'you'
oh well gee did I do another boo boo lol,is there a full moon out tonight?

The CT is a great place for players learning the game to lurk or post if they want.Leave the CT alone. When you try to put everything in its own place you'll ruin the natural flow of the forum.Don't try to police the forum. Enjoy FCP for what you like about it and not what category something's in.There was a perfect mix of everything lately in general imo.