Calling Station On Your Left

A common problem I find in mid-limit 6 handed games is when a calling station is sitting directly to your left--these players seem to cold call every pre-flop raise you make, and usually call at least your continuation bet. I realize it's still good to have these guys in the game, but it's much easier when you have position on them. Any thoughts on how to play vs. calling stations/elephants out of position? I suppose tightening up your preflop raising requirements is a start...

I realize to never bluff, but does it amount to simply going to a show down all the time? Take this example...Fold, fold, I rasie CO (A9), button calls, SB folds, BB folds.Flop: K 10 6 (Rainbow)I bet, button callsTurn: 7Where do you go from here?

I realize to never bluff, but does it amount to simply going to a show down all the time? Take this example...Fold, fold, I rasie CO (A9), button calls, SB folds, BB folds.Flop: K 10 6 (Rainbow)I bet, button callsTurn: 7Where do you go from here?
why do you continuation bet when you know its a calling station to your left??Basically you have to have the goods with these guys. Wait for a hand and value bet him to death.
why do you continuation bet when you know its a calling station to your left??Basically you have to have the goods with these guys. Wait for a hand and value bet him to death.
This is what I was going to say. Why C-bet anything without some value in it?
This is what I was going to say. Why C-bet anything without some value in it?
My normal strategy is to c-bet 90% of the time--when it's heads up probably even higher. I suppose not c-betting scary flops is a good idea--but I still think the A9 has value and is likely to be the best hand on the flop against this donkey's range.
My normal strategy is to c-bet 90% of the time--when it's heads up probably even higher. I suppose not c-betting scary flops is a good idea--but I still think the A9 has value and is likely to be the best hand on the flop against this donkey's range.
your probably right but what good is that against a guy that will not fold?and eventually people will catch on to how much your c-betting and start check raising you with just about anything.90% seems reallly really high.
your probably right but what good is that against a guy that will not fold?and eventually people will catch on to how much your c-betting and start check raising you with just about anything.90% seems reallly really high.
My c-bet% in HU pots is damn near 100%. Probably like 99.8 or something.You do know that this is LIMIT Hold Em right? We're thrilled if people start c/r'ing us with anything, it just means we get to showdown a lot more with our marginal hands and get to punish them a lot more with our big hands.
My c-bet% in HU pots is damn near 100%. Probably like 99.8 or something.You do know that this is LIMIT Hold Em right? We're thrilled if people start c/r'ing us with anything, it just means we get to showdown a lot more with our marginal hands and get to punish them a lot more with our big hands.
nope thought it was no limitdisregard my worries about check raisesI'm kinda surprised that the c-bet is that high. but i'm a real crappy limit player.
I think this is ok.Against guys like this, who peel really loose, you might need to double or triple barrel on certain boards. It's very important to be able to read the board texture, though, and know which spots you're more likely to get looked up, once we get past the flop, at least.Beyond that, simply v-bet the weaker made hands in your range, rather than considering a c/c type approach.I think we could probably just check some flops OOP, though, depending on how likely they are to bet with air.

these guys can be the biggest pains in the asses when you can't catch a pair. i would advise you to try to notice certain tendencies in them.a few...1) will they fold things like bottom pair to bet/bet/bet2) do they peel the flop with anything and then fold to a turn bet if they haven't improved3) what will they bet on the turn when checked to?4) what will they bet on the river when checked to? (maybe most important one)it kind of becomes a game of getting to the river with ace high without paying them off when they make bottom pair. there is light at the end of the tunnel here. when you have a rush against them where you hit a pair every hand you raise and they call you will take every bet in front of them.