The Mighty 23ss

So, last night I just played in my first live mtt in quite a while. Cuz I'm ballin, I ended up cashing, but obv took 5th (5 paid, but we all gave the bubble $5)It's a $20 buy-in, 3000 starting chips Optional $5 immediate add-on of 1000 chips (obviously took that) and one rebuy allowed in the first hour for $10 (3k chips, didn't need to rebuy :club: )History:Upon the first orbit of play, I realized that 80% of the people at the table don't know what they're doing. I mean that in the sense that they're at the poker table, but are really only playing their cards. They don't play position, they don't bluff (well, cept a couple maniacs). Limp, Limp, Limp, Limp, Limp/call 6x raises, etc. Relatively horrible all around. I haven't noticed at this point that people have the ability to fold. IF they have a draw, they'll call down to their last chip and fold if they miss. It's almost comical. Hand in question:Hero: ~4500P2: ~8kP3: ~5kBlinds are 50/100. There are about 3 limps, I check the bb w/ 23ss. Pot: 550Flop Ad 4s 10s. We flop the wheel draw w/ the lowest of the low flush draws.Hero checks, p1 checks, p2 bets 200, p3 calls, I call, p1 folds. (do we like it so far)Pot: 1,150Turn 8cHero?1. What would be your plan for the hand on the flop? 2. Do we continue w/ the hand once we miss our draw on the turn?Live donkaments are the craziest.

With 2 players left, and everybody playing as passively as you say, I'd say bet something small, like 350 or 400, control the pot so that you will have the right price if these players continue to play passively. Based on the limps prelop, and the weak flop bet in late position, I'd say p2 doesn't have a huge hand, and will likely just flat you.

Flop line is okay. I'm for keeping this pot as small as possible given there's a reasonable chance we're up against another FD and we may only have 4 real outs. Our FD may be good, of course, and that's why we proceed, but if they're going to play passive, let's follow along.

Flop line is okay. I'm for keeping this pot as small as possible given there's a reasonable chance we're up against another FD and we may only have 4 real outs. Our FD may be good, of course, and that's why we proceed, but if they're going to play passive, let's follow along.
This is key in the type of tourney that you're describing Beaver. The main mistake with people in these things is that they all limp and they don't know how to bet. Often you find people min betting in these things because they don't know how to bet and they allow people to draw out. The best way to play these is just bet when you have a made hand and you will normally get value out of it.

I play this completely differently against different opponents, but in your situation, I"m not too worried about having to face a large bet on the turn, so I just check again. If the original bettor led with marginal holdings, he'll probably just check, and I don't expect anyone who hasn't made two-pair or a set on the turn to lead either.

IPITS dealing with the flop, but I definitely like a pot control bet on the turn. Gives your hand more equity when/if you hit and you have an easy fold after bricking the river

What are we betting on the turn to control the pot?Anyway... here's what happened:Hero checks, P2 checks, P3 bets 1,000, Hero folds, P2 calls.River: JsP2 bets 2500, P3 calls.P2 shows A6ss for the nut flush.I guess I was lucky this hand that the flush didn't come on the turn, eh?