"lamers" - From D.n's Blog

I saw this term in Daniel's latest blog entry and never really heard of it."As for the PLO and 2-7 event, due to the nature of those games, players will be able to simulate rebuys with lamers. You can put your whole bankroll on the table all at once, or you can protect yourself by holding on to your lamers until you feel like you want to put the rest of your chips in play. The triple chance no limit hold'em event will also offer the same opportunity, giving it the feel of a rebuy event, but everyone in the tournament will have an equal number of them. It's totally fair guys."I know the term 'lame' and I checked on Wikipedia but here the term is different. I did a search here and it seems like it is an entry ticket to a tournament but I am not sure exactly. Could anyone explain it please? Thanks, owise1

Never heard the term used this way, but he is describing one of those 'rebuy chips'. Just like on stars you can decide to do a rebuy right away, or hold onto it and use after you bust. Except in the case of the triple rebuy you can do all your rebuys at once if you want.

I'm pretty sure "lamers" is short for "laminates", which is some kind of special chip you get, for example, for winning a live satty. You can turn in the "lamer" for the tourney seat or sell it off to someone. I guess they have specific value "lamers" for specific purposes, like this.On the other hand, "lamers" is an internet term for someone who sucks at gaming.

Never heard the term used this way, but he is describing one of those 'rebuy chips'. Just like on stars you can decide to do a rebuy right away, or hold onto it and use after you bust. Except in the case of the triple rebuy you can do all your rebuys at once if you want.
Thanks for the explanation. I never play the rebuy events on stars. Mercury, thank you too. What is the advantage, if any, of holding onto the 'rebuy chip' (lamer) and not using it right away?owise1
Thanks for the explanation. I never play the rebuy events on stars. Mercury, thank you too. What is the advantage, if any, of holding onto the 'rebuy chip' (lamer) and not using it right away?owise1
it's not a rebuy chip. lamers are essentially T$. or more accurately, W$. WSOP currency. you win them in satellites, you use them to buy into events.
it's not a rebuy chip. lamers are essentially T$. or more accurately, W$. WSOP currency. you win them in satellites, you use them to buy into events.
Negatory. In this case he is talking about the "simulated rebuy events" where you will get a certain amount of 'lamers' representing a buy in. Everybody gets X amount, for instance 3 in the triple chance no limit hold em. And you can either turn them all in as "addons" at the beginning or hold onto them until later to be used as a "rebuy".The difference is there is a finite amount and everybody gets the same amount. You can't just win more of these in satellites and use them for more rebuys than someone else. And you can't buy 50 of them pre-event and use as many as you wish.
Negatory. In this case he is talking about the "simulated rebuy events" where you will get a certain amount of 'lamers' representing a buy in. Everybody gets X amount, for instance 3 in the triple chance no limit hold em. And you can either turn them all in as "addons" at the beginning or hold onto them until later to be used as a "rebuy".The difference is there is a finite amount and everybody gets the same amount. You can't just win more of these in satellites and use them for more rebuys than someone else. And you can't buy 50 of them pre-event and use as many as you wish.
oh? that's weird, you'd think they'd get a different name for them.
oh? that's weird, you'd think they'd get a different name for them.
Maybe DN is just throwing around the term loosely. I've never heard the term till now so what you were saying is likely correct, but just in the context of what he was saying in the blog it is different.