opinion on how i played these hands...

12 player House Torney...25 buy-in, 3 places pay...5 players left..I'm dealt JJ on the dealer chip, folded to me i bet 1000 with 150/300 blinds with my stack around 7500....small blind pushes All-In for about 1600 more, sb is a tight player, but was getting slowly beat by the blinds, i put him on a low pocket pair or AK, as im ready to call, the Big blind says ALL-IN, for 5000 MORE, i am dumbfounded now, the BB has been a very bad player making weird calls and raises, i think for about 2 minutes and decide to lay it down...showing it....SB had K,10 big blind held A,5...ARE YOU KIDDING ME?....he put his whole stack in for A,5....i yelled at him, his response was....well i got you to fold...only because im a good player i felt....i forgot the flop, but i caught a J on the turn, but the SB went on to catch a straight and win the pot....i got questioned about by the other players on how i let that down, but looking at 2 re-raising i think it almost a basic move, at that point i felt JJ is worth as much as 22, but when the cards were flipped they were worth a lot more....so the very next hand im dealt QQ, Poker's Karma, again i make my basic raise of 1000 to go, where the guy who had A5 now in the SB called me, flop comes 7,A,3....SB checks i bet out another 1000, he calls, turn, J.....at this point i felt i was losing a lot of chips and didn't want to lose more and i guess it was a mistake, but i checked, where he bet 1000 i thought about it and folded...another very tight fold everyone felt, well i showed again, i like showing, and got questioned about why i folded that, the guy turns over his cards to shows 7,8....i say nice hand, they do the river anyway and it was an 8, so i didnt feel so bad about my apparent tight fold....a few hands later that guy was busted because he felt he could bluff everyone out with a weak hand ....i ended up taking 3rd, but only because my K high flush ran into an A high flush....it sucks, but thats poker....and i love poker for that and i hate for it.....sorry it was a long-post, just wanted to see how people felt i played these hands and if i could have played them differently or how you would have played them....

12 player House Torney...25 buy-in, 3 places pay...5 players left..I'm dealt JJ on the dealer chip, folded to me i bet 1000 with 150/300 blinds with my stack around 7500....small blind pushes All-In for about 1600 more, sb is a tight player, but was getting slowly beat by the blinds, i put him on a low pocket pair or AK, as im ready to call, the Big blind says ALL-IN, for 5000 MORE, i am dumbfounded now, the BB has been a very bad player making weird calls and raises, i think for about 2 minutes and decide to lay it down...showing it....SB had K,10 big blind held A,5...ARE YOU KIDDING ME?....he put his whole stack in for A,5....i yelled at him, his response was....well i got you to fold...only because im a good player i felt....i forgot the flop, but i caught a J on the turn, but the SB went on to catch a straight and win the pot....i got questioned about by the other players on how i let that down, but looking at 2 re-raising i think it almost a basic move, at that point i felt JJ is worth as much as 22, but when the cards were flipped they were worth a lot more....so the very next hand im dealt QQ, Poker's Karma, again i make my basic raise of 1000 to go, where the guy who had A5 now in the SB called me, flop comes 7,A,3....SB checks i bet out another 1000, he calls, turn, J.....at this point i felt i was losing a lot of chips and didn't want to lose more and i guess it was a mistake, but i checked, where he bet 1000 i thought about it and folded...another very tight fold everyone felt, well i showed again, i like showing, and got questioned about why i folded that, the guy turns over his cards to shows 7,8....i say nice hand, they do the river anyway and it was an 8, so i didnt feel so bad about my apparent tight fold....a few hands later that guy was busted because he felt he could bluff everyone out with a weak hand ....i ended up taking 3rd, but only because my K high flush ran into an A high flush....it sucks, but thats poker....and i love poker for that and i hate for it.....sorry it was a long-post, just wanted to see how people felt i played these hands and if i could have played them differently or how you would have played them....
On the JJ hand, fold seems reasonable with 2 all-ins in front of youOn the QQ hand, depends on your read, fold is reasonable with the A on the flop. Sometimes, I like to fire a second bullet on the turn but it depends on the situation. It would help if in the future you broke up the post into smaller paragraphs, makes it easier to read.

I hate jacks, and look for a reason to fold them most of the time. I wouldn't worry about it too much, like the other reply stated, you had two raises infront of you, to me there is only one choice unless I can pick up a tell. As far as QQ goes, that is tough, I think maybe you are somewhat predictable, because you said your usual bet. I am just assuming that you are not mixing it up. Maybe a larger raise pre-flop and before the turn, just so you know that you are up against something. When the Ace shows up a larger raise may scare off someone who doesn't have it. I play tight as well, so don't beat yourself up about folding. Stick to your game, you are going to have to accept the fact that in "fun" or low limit games you are going to get called with garbage. Good luck.

With a raise and a re-raise in front of you, jacks are (usually) no good. Second hand, your bet after the flop was too small. When you checked the turn and he bet $1000, this was another small bet, so you need to go over top of him right there, or fold (can't call I don't think). All in all, I think you played both of them okay:wink: