I want to start building my online poker bankroll. I consider myself an above average player having read alot of literature on Texas Hold 'em and putting it into practice. I'm 18 years old and live in Scotland. I deposit £25-£50 every two weeks on PartyPoker and have moderate success. The thing is though, every time I go up about £40 then I'll cash it out and spend it on nights out. But now I want to grind my way up the limits and build a seperate poker bankroll to my living costs. I was wondering how I would go about that?Currently, if i put in £25, I'll put all my money on the 0.10/0.25c limits. If I put in £50 I'll play one $11 sit and go and if I win it all goes on the cash table with the rest of my cash.There has been some days where I've completely donked those limits and lost all my money generally due to me not concentrating enough, now though I want to make a serious run at building a bankroll. Can anyone give me advice on how I should go about this?I'm a journalism student and I earn £710 a month from a Weekend job and a student bursary. I can afford to probably deposit a maximum of £75 a month factoring in £80 a month digs and nights out etc.Thanks for any help guys. :club:

Where to start.....How many hands are you playing?You have to keep track of play with poker tracker or sim program thats where we can start to opinionate about your play. When you keep good records donking off is way less likely.What books have you read?You shoud get rakeback.Stop taking out winnings.You are at the begining of your trip.

If you have £75 to start and want to play NL cash, you technically should start at £5NL...though I'm not sure what Party offers these days. If they only offer £10NL, you can "take a shot" there with the understanding that you'll supplement the roll with another £75 the following month. If they only offer £25NL, then I recommend waiting until you've deposited a decent bit. You could probably play some small tournaments.But yeah...more importantly, what aucu said.

get a new acct using this:http://www.raketherake.com/you want 40 buy ins in your account.Eventually, you'll want to buy pokertracker so that you can look over your hand histories and spot leaksPlay as many tables as you can (while still playing well), and as many hours as you can (while keeping your quality of play high)Also, start posting question hands on the twoplustwo.com forumAlso, all of the US servicing sites are getting harder. Stay on party.

Where to start.....How many hands are you playing?You have to keep track of play with poker tracker or sim program thats where we can start to opinionate about your play. When you keep good records donking off is way less likely.What books have you read?You shoud get rakeback.Stop taking out winnings.You are at the begining of your trip.
I'd say around 600 a day for three days after my deposit so far. After the three days I generally either cash out (most likely) or lose it all.I've read Daniel Negreanu's Hold 'em wisdom for all players, Super system 2 obviously, Negreanu's power Hold 'em (to learn all about small ball) and Phil Hellmuths one (waste of £8).I'm gonna sound like a noob now but whats rakeback?And yeah I guess stopping taking out my winning is a given.Thanks very much for your help :club:
I'd say around 600 a day for three days after my deposit so far. After the three days I generally either cash out (most likely) or lose it all.I've read Daniel Negreanu's Hold 'em wisdom for all players, Super system 2 obviously, Negreanu's power Hold 'em (to learn all about small ball) and Phil Hellmuths one (waste of £8).I'm gonna sound like a noob now but whats rakeback?And yeah I guess stopping taking out my winning is a given.Thanks very much for your help :club:
Well, for every hand you play you give a % to the house (the rake). It's how these sites make money off of you. Because pokerstars has better software than every other online cardroom, the other cardrooms offer you back a % of your rake if you sign up through a rakeback site (raketherake.com is the one I use).Having this rakeback is HUGE. For example: worst losing streak of my life: down close to 20 buy ins... with rake back i am down only 11 buy ins and was able to keep playing at my level, made back my money and then some, and went on about my business.
you want 40 buy ins in your account.
40 buy ins is a ton. You should be fine with 20. 20 is going to seem huge after playing with 1.