I Cause Myself So Many Problems...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $3.00+$0.30 Tournament, 150/300 Blinds 40 Ante (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comsaw flopHero (BB) (t10980)UTG (t5970)UTG+1 (t7595)MP1 (t19490)MP2 (t4435)MP3 (t35487)CO (t17940)Button (t19815)SB (t3895)Hero's M: 13.56620120.gifPreflop: Hero is BB with 10 :4h, J :3h2 folds, MP1 raises to t900, 2 folds, CO calls t900, 2 folds, Hero calls t600Flop: (t3210) 10 :club:, 7 :ts, 7 :5c(3 players)Hero bets t2000, MP1 calls t2000, 1 foldTurn: (t7210) K :qh(2 players)Hero???Villain has been slightly LAG; have seen him float flops like this a couple times before. In retrospect, probably should have folded pf but as played I'm kind of lost on the turn. The pots at like 7k and I have about 8k behind now. Leading anything 3500 or less seems weak, anything more commits me if he comes over top. I won't say what I did but I think I wound up making the right play, but not sure. All advice appreciated.

I probably c/c flop, c/f turn to more aggression. I probably would have just folded preflop, being out of position against a lag where I'm going to usually c/f most flops. Then again, you're getting 4-1 to call preflop and 10Jo looks pretty good with these odds.As played, I don't know what I'd do on the turn.... if you check, you're obviously hoping for a cheap showdown, which won't happen if villain bets. If you lead, you're committed to the pot, and if you push, you're almost always behind when called. (villain may call w/ AQ/AJdd, QJdd) Crappy spot.

Given relative stack sizes late in the tourney, I'm not sure I call a PF raise on the BB with JTo. Also, as we saw, playing the hand at all postflop puts us in a commit or fold situation if the hand goes to the turn. If we were deeper, I'd be okay with the PF call. Save for hands I'm willing to go all the way with, I'm only willing to call PF raises here when I have position.

Preflop - I don't hate a call. But what about a smaller flop bet? A $2,000 bet makes the pot out of control on turn and river. A $900 - $1,200 bet could take it down, but if you get called, you don't find yourself in as bad of shape on the turn. Also, sometimes I check and wait to see what the action is behind me. If you have a read on the raiser, you might be able to get more information from their bet. At times I check not knowing what I am going to do to the preflop raiser. If he makes a weak continuation bet I may check raise. If it is strong, then I've invested nothing more and can get away from it. Also, if you check you actually give yourself good position on this hand, at least on the flop. If you have to make a decision on the flop after checking, you will do so after MP1 and CO have acted. Since MP1 is the initial raiser, this is important. For example, if MP1 fires a continuation bet you will know what CO does before you have to act. You leading on the flop puts MP1 in a bad situation, because he has CO behind him. If you let MP1 lead this pot, then you are now the last to act and have more information.

Preflop - I don't hate a call. But what about a smaller flop bet? A $2,000 bet makes the pot out of control on turn and river. A $900 - $1,200 bet could take it down, but if you get called, you don't find yourself in as bad of shape on the turn. Also, sometimes I check and wait to see what the action is behind me. If you have a read on the raiser, you might be able to get more information from their bet. At times I check not knowing what I am going to do to the preflop raiser. If he makes a weak continuation bet I may check raise. If it is strong, then I've invested nothing more and can get away from it. Also, if you check you actually give yourself good position on this hand, at least on the flop. If you have to make a decision on the flop after checking, you will do so after MP1 and CO have acted. Since MP1 is the initial raiser, this is important. For example, if MP1 fires a continuation bet you will know what CO does before you have to act. You leading on the flop puts MP1 in a bad situation, because he has CO behind him. If you let MP1 lead this pot, then you are now the last to act and have more information.
This is a gross spot, but I like JKalib's line. Usually when I call a raise in the BB and hit the flop pretty well, I check to the preflop raiser and then check-raise or check-call depending on the situation (flop texture, strength of my hand, villain's tendencies, etc.).I'd also like to know about the structure in terms of whether it's turbo, where the bubble is, stuff like that. Depending on some of these factors, I might check-shove.
I'd also like to know about the structure in terms of whether it's turbo, where the bubble is, stuff like that. Depending on some of these factors, I might check-shove.
Regular ps structure, I think at his point there was about 2500-3000 left with top 1000 or so placing.I agree I think I could have saved myself some trouble by betting less on flop. At the time I obv just wanted to take it down so I didn't want to a) have someone think I had a draw and float or B) call with a drawI thought about checking flop to gain position but there are a lot of bad cards that could hit the turn and I didn't want to give anyone a free card.I think the only smart answer was to fold . Kind of a stupid spot to play in retrospect, but as played I just c/f'd the turn and hated myself.

I fold pf because this flop is about the best you can hope for and you are still is no man's land. I think if you do call pf, you need to c/r or c/f against a laggy player on the flop. Donking the flop looks like you have a 10 or smallish pair and you probably aren't folding out anything he raised with pf.

Given the extra info, I like the preflop call, and I'd definitely say check the flop, let someone bet, then shove unless there is a bet and raise in front of you.