Nitting It Up At .05-.10

I value bet thin:PokerStars Limit Omaha Hi/Lo, $0.20 BB (7 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is UTG with 5spade.gif, 4club.gif, 5club.gif, 2spade.gifHero calls, 2 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB checksFlop: (5 SB) 6heart.gif, 3heart.gif, 10diamond.gif(5 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks, Button bets, 2 folds, Hero calls, CO callsTurn: (4 BB) 8diamond.gif(3 players)Hero checks, CO checks, Button bets, Hero calls, 1 foldRiver: (6 BB) Adiamond.gif(2 players)Hero bets, Button callsTotal pot: $1.60 (8 BB) | Rake: $0.07Results:Button had 2294 (Hi: one pair, twos, Lo: [ 6, 4, 3, 2, A ]).Hero had 5452 (Hi: one pair, fives, Lo: [ 6, 4, 3, 2, A ]).Outcome: Button won $0.38, Hero won $1.15

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unable to make it two in a row. Stuck to my nut-peddling strategy but bled chips calling raises with solid hands that whiffed on the flop. Couldn't hit anything to make up for it. On the bright side I'm a couple sessions away from clearing the next $20 of my bonus. That will make half my $200 deposit, with about 6 weeks left to earn as much of the remaining half as possible.

if you are playing that tight preflop then you should be raising, reraissing, and caping every hand. you need to have the initiative and steal a pot here and there on the flop to keep afloat until you hit the huge 30bb scooper (playing like this will also help you make the pot that big when you do finally hit). pay attention to how much this bloats the pot as you will need to chase some things you aren't used to chasing.

I need to get myself on an upswing before I try that approach. My poker confidence is in the crapper these days.Despite the fact that I don't like HORSE cash, I tried a HORSE STT tonight and finished 2nd. The play was terrible, especially during Razz. I got to HU play during the LHE round and got eaten alive. It's a real shame SnGs are useless from a bonus-clearing perspective because I am so much more comfortable in tourney poker in general.

I've had it with FullTilt. I log in tonight and go to my regular .25-.50 LO8 tables and there is only one running with 3 people already waiting. So I decide to check the .25-.50 limit HORSE tables, looking for something to help clear my bonus, and there aren't any full tables going. A couple of 6-max, but no full tables. It is way too difficult to clear bonus on that site for low stakes players like myself.

I'm so fed up with this bonus clearing that I've made a decision. I'm going to take a couple weeks off and just focus on playing my strengths (SnGs) and try to build my roll up that way. If things go well then maybe I'll try to clear a bit more bonus before my time runs out. A big part of my problem with this whole process has been that I'm not really properly rolled to be playing the games I've been playing because FT doesn't have enough options at the low stakes.Signing off for now...