Hi! Well I'm playing in a freeroll tourney tomorrow on Pokerstars..Its a weekly tourney which you can qualify to through another freeroll.61 are registered atm and I believe there will be max 80 as a total, probably something like 70 though.anyway, only the winner gets the price which is a seat in a 10 man tourney in the bahamas. What I'm wondering is how should one play in a tourney where only the first price gives you a price? Are there any diffrent tactics?

It's pretty much a large sit n go. I assume it's ten minute levels although it could be 15. I would take it easy in the first few levels and look from prime spots to accumulate chips. As this is a glorified SnG you will have to gamble it up eventually. You obviously have to play ot win.

Don't expect any kind of play approaching sense or logical until there are about 2 tables left. You might have ot throw away some hands early agaisnt numerous all-ins and raisers. Aces aren't aces against 6 all-ins. Just play it smart, try to keep as many pots as small as you can and avoid giant confrontations pre-flop unless you absolutley have to.

Don't expect any kind of play approaching sense or logical until there are about 2 tables left. You might have ot throw away some hands early agaisnt numerous all-ins and raisers. Aces aren't aces against 6 all-ins. Just play it smart, try to keep as many pots as small as you can and avoid giant confrontations pre-flop unless you absolutley have to.
I disagree--I'm more with the "gambool" philosophy. And if there are six all-ins and you have aces, you have a better chance of winning than any other single person in the pot (though you obviously have less than a 50% chance overall), meaning you have to call in that situation and hope the bullets hold up. I'd also say you should go ahead and make semi-bluff moves like shoving flops with nut flush draws, etc. Save the more careful play for later if you do build up a big stack. If you survive a while but don't have a very big stack, you're still going to have to gamble.

I don't mind the gamble, but I'd prefer to do it after the initial round of crazy gambling is over.

I don't mind the gamble, but I'd prefer to do it after the initial round of crazy gambling is over.
To me, that's when you've got to try to scoop up some money when people are throwing their chips around crazily. If you wait until later, and you have a way below average stack but people have tightened up, how are you going to come back and take all the chips in play if you don't start running like a deity?I suppose in all fairness, it's going to take getting some cards and dodging bad luck to win that many chips regardless of what strategy you take, but I think a certain amount of gambling will have to be done both early and late to give yourself the best chance (slim no matter what).

Thanks for the advice!Didn't help to much though since I seem to be cursed tonight hehe :4h Lost with KK against AALost with nut straight against runner runner flushLost with a set against a flush drawLost with a set against a gut shot + one overcard..Well did get one 5xdubbel up with J6o. which got me back to the starting chips, :D Well except for the cursed part I did play alright Id have to say, how would I otherwise be able to fund their suck outs so much eyy ^^, hehe.. Well rather be eliminated 57 out of 83, then second :ts Love ya ! :D:club:

To me, that's when you've got to try to scoop up some money when people are throwing their chips around crazily.
This. There isn't any value in surviving, so if you have an edge you have to take it. And if someone is giving their chips away we have to take them.

You dont play any differently than normal, other than expecting some silly all ins/aggressiveness. Watch whos raising with Ace rag and try and take advantage of them. Watch for nutpeddlers in the final table or two and avoid them like the plague.