Exactly. I think Joe D. was planning on blowing things up all along, and this gives them a total freeroll for a deep run this year. Iverson's production this year is not the primary benefit, but a secondary one. It's a shot in the dark that has no downside (assuming Dumars's evaluation of the Pistons's championship chances with Billups were accurate). Wang
plus, if I were you, the prospect of getting to watch 75 AI games would excite me.
plus, if I were you, the prospect of getting to watch 75 AI games would excite me.
Yeah he has always been one of my favorites. He plays his heart out, and reminds me of Rasheed in the sense that I think he gets an undeserved bad rap among fans. Say what you will about Iverson, but he's going to come in and go balls out until his contract expires. Hopefully McDyess isn't too pissed to wander back in the door in 30 days...
If they can sign Bosh, and Stuckey ends up being fake Baron Davis, they'll have a reasonable window.WangEDIT- Don't be surprised if Dumars does something like move Hamilton for Al Harrington or something. If he sees a chance to blow this whole thing up, he'll do it. Unapolgetically.
If Bosh leaves Toronto, Canada will burn down Bryan Colangelo's house. I don't see it happening. Colangelo has positioned the Raptors in a good place. The only question mark is how Bargnani turns out but otherwise the guy has made all the right moves as President/GM. O'neal's sick contract will expire after next year so that also gives the Raps space in the free agent pool by 2010. PS Wang, what happened to your Shimmering Wang username?

I think Piddle hit the nail on the head straight away on how it impacts Detroit.Maxiell made McDyess expendable, especially considering McDyess's price tag. Stuckey has been stuck behind Billups.The one thing i didn't see mentioned is how old Billups actually is. He was drafted in Boston by Rick effin' Pitino. He's been around the block. He's the same age bracket as Iverson, and Stuckey is Detroit's future.It's a win-win for Detroit. Iverson and Hamilton is a pretty explosive backcourt for putting points on the board. Wallace and Prince will help make up for the lack of size and defense running Iverson and Hamilton at once. AI, Stucky, and Hamilton are all awful small to be guarding NBA SGs... It may come back to bite them a bit in that regard. But bottom line is they weren't that much better off with Billups, and AI will create some shots for himself, and Hamilton is $$$ when someone like AI is there to get him open jumpers.As for Denver, giving away Camby was waving the white flag for them. Sure Camby is hurt now (like always), but that's little consolation when Denver is so far up $#!t creek without him anyways. Nene isn't a model of health. Anthony and Smith aren't models of defensive consistency, and I can't envision Dice and Chauncey showing up and making this team playoff calibur. The defense still isn't going to be there, and the West is going to be rediculously tough once again.I do like the trade in both the short term and the long term for Detroit. I do agree that even though they didnt get any youth or prospects, Denver got some solid value for AI. You could call it a win-win for both sides, but i don't see either side "winning" a whole lot this year. At least Detroit will make the playoffs, but they were going to whether they made the deal or not. This helps Detroit create some matchup problems against Boston, specfically in the backcourt, but Detroit has to "get there" in the post season to exploit that.

PS Wang, what happened to your Shimmering Wang username?
A couple of things contributed to its decline, most of all my "ShimmeringWang@emailaddress.com" email address, which led to a handful of people tracking my ass down, and making for some uncomfortable situations. Ex Girlfriend: "Why are you telling people I got face fucked by Derek Jeter?" Wang: "Well, to be fair, I said 'I just don't think' you got face fucked by Derek Jeter."Ex: "That doesn't make it any better. It's not like you're totally anonymous or anything."Wang: "Why not?"Ex: "You kept a blog and your email address that you use for everything is ShimmeringWang. The secret is out, asshole."Wang: "Fair enough, crazy whore. Faaaaaair enough."So I put on a moustache and became Tactical Bear. Same number and pattern of syllables, even.