When Do You Dump Big Slick Preflop?

Would you do it here, just based on the action in front? Or is it read dependent? I hate to let AK go preflop in a five dollar SNG as a general rule, but...PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $5.00+$0.50 Tournament, 25/50 Blinds (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com578517.gifHero (MP1) (t1470)MP2 (t1885)CO (t1470)Button (t2370)SB (t1265)BB (t1915)UTG (t1650)UTG+1 (t1475)Hero's M: 19.60Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Kdiamond.gif, Aheart.gifUTG raises to t100, UTG+1 raises to t300, Hero...?As you can see, I have an average stack; crunch time has arrived.

1. I also like your chart2. Crunch time hasn't arrived yet, you have 30BB3. Totally read dependent. Unless I have reason to believe that UTG+1 3-bets fairly liberally, I'm not putting my stack in here. Too likely you're racing from behind against at least one PP. If the blinds were at 50/100 it may be a different story (see point 2).

Blinds are still low..in a 5 dollar sng I've seen alot of minraise scream aces, the reraise from UTG+1 I think would mean a pair.. considering the blinds are only 25/50 and you still have plenty of chips, I'd say dump big slick and wait for a better spot. You are behind a pair..the only think you really dominate are AceX or KingX anything else is a 65/35 at best, so im saying fold and wait for a better spot.results?

If i have at least 3 tourneys going at once, i shove this without hesitation. UTG min-raises are suited connectors an *awful* lot these days, and we're only really concerned about UTG+1s range.. Re-raising a min-raiser is going to be a stronger than normal hand, but at the $5 level 66-QQ (and even AJ/AQ) shows up here enough to give you enough % to making shoving fine.You can't flat, and folding AK in a $5 sng is not a good habit to make. You'll meet untimely ends here often, but should be getting a pretty good price on it. The equity gained from doubling up here isn't huge, but if we're folding AK to weird action, we're not going to be gaining much equity sitting around waiting for our KKs and AAs to be cracked either..Side note: if the table is tight as hell and we have no reads at all on UTG+1, I would likely fold and continue stealing my way ahead of the blinds. But if the table is laggy (and lord knows most are), this is an adequete spot to double or leave, even with 5 to act behind. i'm pretty sure you got pwned in the hand, but this is JJ-type hands so often it's not a great fold by any means.

I have a rule of thumb when playing microstakes, even playing 5 dollar tournys, I never fold AA, KK, QQ, and AK preflop. You will be surprised how many times you see tens here.

Would you do it here, just based on the action in front? Or is it read dependent? I hate to let AK go preflop in a five dollar SNG as a general rule, but...PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $5.00+$0.50 Tournament, 25/50 Blinds (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com578517.gifHero (MP1) (t1470)MP2 (t1885)CO (t1470)Button (t2370)SB (t1265)BB (t1915)UTG (t1650)UTG+1 (t1475)Hero's M: 19.60Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Kdiamond.gif, Aheart.gifUTG raises to t100, UTG+1 raises to t300, Hero...?As you can see, I have an average stack; crunch time has arrived.
I might have a bias here, but I probably shove. The reason why I say this is because the other day in a tourney, I raised from UTG with AK, I get by an MP, then button shoves. I mucked. MP had 77 and button had AJ. I was kinda disgusted that I folded. I was even more disgusted when I saw that I would've tripled up.
I have a rule of thumb when playing microstakes, even playing 5 dollar tournys, I never fold AA, KK, QQ, and AK preflop. You will be surprised how many times you see tens here.
Now I basically follow this general rule of thumb.
You will be surprised how many times you see tens here.
Tens isn't exactly a good outcome here. You'll be racing from behind for your tourney life when you don't need to be. This isn't a turbo, and if you think you have an edge over the competition you can afford to wait for better spots to outplay them. You don't gain enough equity from doubling up this early to offset the risk of busting out, imo.

Very interesting debate! Just what I was hoping for.I was playing several tables at once, and in the past this would have been an autoshove without much thought. But I hesitated because my Tournament Indicator told me that at that point, this was the reraiser's first preflop raise of any kind! I thought I'd wait to add that piece of info. Are the pro-shove people's minds changed at all?

I trusted my "read" (that is, the report from TI that even though we were on the third blind level, the reraising villain had never before raised preflop) and reluctantly folded the AK. The original minraiser called, and the flop came Kxx, three different suits. Boy, at that point I was really wondering about my tight fold.Then the original minraiser shoved, and the reraiser instacalled. Minraiser had 88, reraiser AA.(I love you, Tournament Indicator!)

I'd say fold here, but only because of the level of blinds. It's amazing how many times you see people donking off their chips and out of an SnG before level 3 (as is true here...8 at the table). Even if you push AIPF here, you're very likely to get 2 callers which is not what you want with AK. The guy with AA more than likely made the same mistake later on in the tournament and handed his chips over with 88 when he ran into JJ+, didn't pay attention to what was going on because his eyes were fixated on the 2 snowmen in front of him, and eagerly waited for his chance to move his slider all the way to the right.