Matrix Sng = Running It Twice?

Had this potential epiphany while sitting on the toilet after watching PAD cash game.I'm loving the new Matrix, mostly becuase I'm now a cheapskate and pretty much only play the $1 and $2 SNG. The Matrix gives me the ability to play four games for the price of one and make a little of my money back without having to place top 3 in one SNG.So, does this help my variance, much like running it twice, three, etc?mc

I was thinking the same thing the other day. IMO, these will reduce variance to some extent. I'm a nit and usually only play $5 - $10 SNGs, but with these I wouldn't hesitate to play a bit higher. I have still been getting raped in these though. I lose way too many flips.

Playing a $20 Matrix sng is just like playing four $5 single table sngs. Obviously variance will go down over a larger sample size. But if you already multitabled sng's, you haven't reduced anything. fwiw, variance isn't a bad thing, for the majority of poker players, variance is the only thing keeping them in the game.