really? say we're up against three overcards from the BB and the limper: we're 34% equity putting in 33% of the money1,370,754 games 0.047 secs 29,164,978 games/secBoard: Dead: equity win tie pots won pots tied Hand 0: 34.589% 34.49% 00.10% 472808 1320.67 { 5d5h }Hand 1: 37.509% 37.41% 00.10% 512831 1320.67 { JsTc }Hand 2: 27.902% 27.81% 00.10% 381153 1320.67 { Ah3h }against 4 overcards (more likely) we're 30% equity putting in 33% of the money1,370,754 games 0.005 secs 274,150,800 games/secBoard: Dead: equity win tie pots won pots tied Hand 0: 30.500% 30.42% 00.08% 416954 1125.67 { 5d5h }Hand 1: 36.668% 36.59% 00.08% 501506 1125.67 { JsTc }Hand 2: 32.832% 32.75% 00.08% 448917 1125.67 { Ah7h }if the blinds are tight we can obv. change this, but if we think we're going to the flop atleast 3 handed, its not as close as you think.
Ok, I'm glad you did this much work here, but this isn't terribly relevant to the argument of raising vs. calling and certainly doesn't call for folding. Even if we are always vs. the types of hands you're putting in here, we have position, solid equity, positive implied odds, and the initiative. Your study shows only the situations when we are 3 handed. Not only that, but you gave the opponents specific hands instead of ranges. If you are to come up with a low limit player's limping range and blind defense range, you need to put in a lot of hands that have faaaaar less equity than the ones you gave them.If we just call we will have a much harder time realizing the full equity of our hand than if we raised. As for the idea of fold equity, someone said that nobody would fold the times they hit the flop, but that's not all that fold equity entails. If we see a flop and bet, our opponents are going to fold flopped 6 outers much more often if we raise preflop than if we call. They are going to fold some hands like turned 10 outers and things like that. They are going to have far fewer outs vs. our perceived range than our actual hand. Poker in general isn't a game of our hand vs. theirs, it's a game of ranges. When we limp preflop, we're representing a range that's much narrower and weaker than if we raised. Even our least sophisticated opponents are going to recognize this. When we raise, it puts a lot of hands into our range that will elicit more folds than if we limp. Make no mistake about it, even some of the time when we have the best hand, we want folds. We want people to make incorrect folds the times when we represent a range that is stronger than our actual hand. If you think calling makes our hand play better than raising, I think you're crazy, but pleeeeaaase don't fold.

I haven't read replies to this thread.But I am surprised to notice so much debating.If we know how to play good poker, then we need to maximize our good hands in position.We have the bst possible position, and very likely the best hand of anyone involved.And we have seen no aggression yet.I can't see any reason to consider any play other than raising.Every single time.The conversation would be debatable only if the poor villain raised preflop before it got to us.But we'll leave that for another time.Raise it up please.--CM

I haven't read replies to this thread.But I am surprised to notice so much debating.If we know how to play good poker, then we need to maximize our good hands in position.We have the bst possible position, and very likely the best hand of anyone involved.And we have seen no aggression yet.I can't see any reason to consider any play other than raising.Every single time.The conversation would be debatable only if the poor villain raised preflop before it got to us.But we'll leave that for another time.Raise it up please.--CM
thats youre answer to everything