*****official Carolina Hurricanes Thread*****

Tough game. First it looked like the team had no 2nd gear, and then they just turned it on and threw everything they had at TBay. If you didnt watch the game, you might read from some writer/blogger/nobody that Carolina didnt show up. Thats bs. They played their hearts out, and whats more, they played their hearts out even after being down 4-0. These guys really have no quit in them, and the crowd never turned on them. If theres one thing you can say about these type of crowds, they might not know their hockey, but they are fiercely loyal, no booing.But, better team won, and team with better record gets the 8th spot. Thats life. I got a special hate on today for Mike Smith, the most inconsistent crapshit of all time. He picked tonight to find his thrice a year Vezina form. **********. Congrats John, the Rangers won the game they had to, the Canes didnt. I saw the schedule last night, everyone was writing how NJ will come out hard against NYR (rivals and all), but no one mentioned the Tortorella/Prospal/Fedotenko connection to guys like Lecav+St.Louis. I followed TBay a lot the year they won the Cup, and I believe that was a very tight group. TBay played a great game tonight, no let up at all. Not sure thats why, but for whatever reason, they didnt coast even a little. Anyway, seasons over, and thats that. Not sure we had much shot against the Caps, but would have been fun to watch. Oh, and Id bet anything that soon they will release some info that Staal has been hurting for some time. He hasnt been the same the last few weeks. I mention that not because "oh we would have made it", cause every team has injured players, but because the guy is truly a warrior. Id be shocked to see him go to Team Canada, but it would be cool. Id imagine theyd consider Ward+Skinner as well.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will indeed bring my A game tonight my friend.   My A game consists of:   6:30pm: Get home, have dinner 6:55pm: Set up the IPad/bigscreen/laying on the couch like a lazy piece of sh*t design mo

Hurricanes taking applications for general manager job through Twitter   https://www.nhl.com/...0?tid=281396148     Those of you in the AHL, I will be using you guys as references, thanks! (And

Did Tlusty bring his own erotic photos?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2010021219Stamkos = game-winning goalSorry Arp. Great run though. And Skinner.
not for nothing, but Stamkos was invisible tonight except that goal. It was all Vinnie+St.Lous...and some serious grit+hustle from Purcell and Bergenheim.
not for nothing, but Stamkos was invisible tonight except that goal. It was all Vinnie+St.Lous...and some serious grit+hustle from Purcell and Bergenheim.
I only get the feeling, never the details :)The Canes won me some money though...finishing more than 4 points ahead of the Leafs.Enjoy the Calder Trophy win.
I only get the feeling, never the details :)The Canes won me some money though...finishing more than 4 points ahead of the Leafs.Enjoy the Calder Trophy win.
Yes I owe you a small fortune.
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Holy crap, Ryan Murphy. After #8, thats who I wanted. There might have been more sure bet, all around D out there between 9-11, but f it, I love smart hockey players with speed.

Ponikarovsky? Really? f me. Bye bye Eric Cole. You'll be back. They always come back. Just ask Corey Stillman, Joe Corvo. Boucher+Brent. Um, I guess thats ok? Glad we didnt overpay for an Upshall signing (love him) or a Versteeg trade (overrated), but I kinda would have liked a Pouliot or even a Steve Sullivan.

Cole already came back once... Poni sucks balls.
Ya, and he'll be back again once Montreal is in 11th, out of the playoff chase, and looking to dump that horrid contract come February.Its just what JR does.Poni does suck.Get back to your Keiths and blondes. Nice life pal.

loololool, we came to my place for free drinks, but I'm only a few blocks from all the action.... the blonde was LOL. Mullet was unreal. Tiesto is playing a block away, can hear him from my balcony, though not well (face the wrong way).****, just spilled my rye/diet double... brb.

Pony is basically a worse replacement for Tlusty(if it can get worse).:)Seriously though Tim Brent is such a special kind of person, and the Canes fans will love him.

We got Jay Harrison too. It's a full plate of Leafs leftovers. I think Tim Brent must be good, he's the first Leaf Serge has ever suggested was just as good off the Leafs as he was on. Brent was the one they used on the point of the pp, right?

We got Jay Harrison too. It's a full plate of Leafs leftovers. I think Tim Brent must be good, he's the first Leaf Serge has ever suggested was just as good off the Leafs as he was on. Brent was the one they used on the point of the pp, right?
Zach is becoming too predictable and his posts are loser like..Tim Brent did play a bit on the point after Kaberle was traded..

Hand it to he Canes in making some good free agent signings to add to a very good core of players..With a world class goalie this team will be competitive again.I have ridiculed them in the past calling them NASCAR lovers but they have shown good management and overall good moves..Kudos.

Uh, they have a world class goalie...
I think he meant, "Because they have a world class goalie," not, "If they were to get a world class goalie."
I think he meant, "Because they have a world class goalie," not, "If they were to get a world class goalie."
Serge's player valuation meter is super bizarro, so you never really know. :club:
Hand it to he Canes in making some good free agent signings to add to a very good core of players..With a world class goalie this team will be competitive again.I have ridiculed them in the past calling them NASCAR lovers but they have shown good management and overall good moves..Kudos.
I cant tell if this is genuine, or just you loving the Leafs Nation South thing the Canes got going on. :)Im gonna take it as genuine, and say thank you on behalf of all Canes fans in the FCP forum. Unlike Zach, Im not gonna even nitpick. I know you what you meant. We're all good brother.
I cant tell if this is genuine, or just you loving the Leafs Nation South thing the Canes got going on. :)Im gonna take it as genuine, and say thank you on behalf of all Canes fans in the FCP forum. Unlike Zach, Im not gonna even nitpick. I know you what you meant. We're all good brother.
Of course I was being genuine..They made some good moves, some bold ones , but good moves non the less..And of course I meant Cam Ward is a world class goalie.