Confused About Smallball Style

Hi:I am just learning the smallball style. I have read several articles about it and this are some of the features of the style:- Make small and a lot raises PF with marginal hands with flop potential- keeping small pots- maneuver opponents post flop- works better on deep stack gamesHowever, I have found this article by the same Daniel Negreanu and its point is "avoid small ball in deep stack games".After reading the article, its contents points to a whole strategy modification, or it is just to increase the size of preflop raises but keeping the principles of small ball play?Regards

the article is talking about the difference between small ball in deep stack tournies and in cash games where you have several hundred bbs.even in deepstack tournies you're not really that deep to be able to dick around calling small raises from DN. In a cash game though you can take different shots.Make sense>?

small ball is very easily exploited once you realize opponents tendencies . Would recommend if you are going to stick to small ball you change gears every so often and tighten up.

• 3 weeks later...

In most online tourneys, playing small ball is like getting pecked to death by a duck.All it leads to is guys constantly reraising or cold-calling or shoving over the top of you, so you end up folding away all your chips.Works a lot better live, if you have the discipline to let marginal hands go after the flop.