Poker Promotions

I need to think of ideas for work, so if this is someway spam etc feel free to delete. If you could choose promotions, which ones are your favourite, what would you like to see more of?Point races are good? VIP programs which are the best. I work for a simple enough network poker site so any promotion ideas would help. Obviously I will use them to get promoted while you gain nothing.Pokerstars brian/steve? reads here so maybe he will take some notice too.Feel free.I need a good retention one too, best way to get players to come back. If you signed up to a small site, cashed out or busted, what email would bring you back. $10 bonus, a good freeroll, tokens to a tournament, anything else?

First thing I did was look at your postcount to see if it was 1 or 2. But you succeeded with over 2000. If this isn't one of the most elaborate spams ever I don't know what is......So when are you going to introduce this new hip & hot site you "accidentally" found?

I need to think of ideas for work, so if this is someway spam etc feel free to delete. If you could choose promotions, which ones are your favourite, what would you like to see more of?Point races are good? VIP programs which are the best. I work for a simple enough network poker site so any promotion ideas would help. Obviously I will use them to get promoted while you gain nothing.Pokerstars brian/steve? reads here so maybe he will take some notice too.Feel free.I need a good retention one too, best way to get players to come back. If you signed up to a small site, cashed out or busted, what email would bring you back. $10 bonus, a good freeroll, tokens to a tournament, anything else?
I think a ticket to like 5 freerolls with a re-deposit bonus would bring most small stakes players back.
First thing I did was look at your postcount to see if it was 1 or 2. But you succeeded with over 2000. If this isn't one of the most elaborate spams ever I don't know what is......So when are you going to introduce this new hip & hot site you "accidentally" found?
Slapstick has been pretty open that he has a job with a gaming company but to my knowledge he has never said what it is so as not to spam and to also keep his own privacy I imagine.
Yea like Bob said I've never said what site it is. http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...=122274&hl= heres a thread that helped me write a good report and got me some recognition. I never mention the site in it
Yea like Bob said I've never said what site it is. http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...=122274&hl= heres a thread that helped me write a good report and got me some recognition. I never mention the site in it
Hehe I was just kidding man. I've seen your name enough to know you're serious. Ok honest awnser. I'd rather come back for 2 tickets (worth 5 bucks a pop) to a small'ish guaranteed tourney (so no satalite) than come back for a free 10 bucks. 10 bucks I would waste, 2 tickets I would not.Reason is I'd raher have a small shot to big money and have an instant BR, than have the 10 dollar and grind the micro micro stakes. I'd rather play a hand of BJ instead.Cheers,Jan

Point races are okay, but I find once a site is established enough, all the big prizes tend to go to the ones that play for a living, and play 16 tables all day, so I think the target market becomes less satisfied. I think a little spin on the point race that makes it interesting is rather than flat cash prizes, offer some sort of freeroll for the prizepool, or some sort of nice prize (ie a new site I joined this month has a freeroll for all new depositors for a rolex). That way for those that play a lot, but can't 16 table for 14 hours a day, they still have a shot at a good prize.As well, when I look for promotions personally, I look for value to me. I usually come back to sites when bonus money is offered, if the terms are reasonable (Ie) will clear at a decent rate, a bit faster than rakeback would, or adds a nice supplement to rakeback). For bonuses, I prefer ones that clear incrementally, rather than forcing you to clear the whole thing.

Badbeat blowjob bonus?The 'bbbb'..?
Hehe I was just kidding man. I've seen your name enough to know you're serious. Ok honest awnser. I'd rather come back for 2 tickets (worth 5 bucks a pop) to a small'ish guaranteed tourney (so no satalite) than come back for a free 10 bucks. 10 bucks I would waste, 2 tickets I would not.Reason is I'd raher have a small shot to big money and have an instant BR, than have the 10 dollar and grind the micro micro stakes. I'd rather a BJ instead.Cheers,Jan
I see a recurring theme.I think we have a winner.You could also introduce some redeemable FPPs (Felatio Player Points). I know that I would actually *use* those points.
Hehe I was just kidding man. I've seen your name enough to know you're serious. Ok honest awnser. I'd rather come back for 2 tickets (worth 5 bucks a pop) to a small'ish guaranteed tourney (so no satalite) than come back for a free 10 bucks. 10 bucks I would waste, 2 tickets I would not.Reason is I'd raher have a small shot to big money and have an instant BR, than have the 10 dollar and grind the micro micro stakes. I'd rather play a hand of BJ instead.Cheers,Jan
The problem that I see from the business point of view is that you give out all of these tickets. People take their two shots. But only a small percentage will cash. So the ones that don't and that played very loose because it's a freeroll, would just go on and leave the site again. Unless you have killer software that might keep them around or some other benefit that once they try it they will love it. That is the only reason I could see giving away tix like that. So if you went that route, come up with follow up and excellent retention to keep them around.Oh and I would rather have a BJ.

I think for retention and to encourage people to play more use a combination of rewarding play and luck.Like a house funded high-hand of the day jackpot. It could be relatively small but would give people a reason to play more and ensure that people never fold suited broadways pre-flop which is great for action.Or maybe a freeroll for regulars that has a low requirement for basic entry and awards extra starting chips for higher levels of play.I know that I'll never play enough to win a points race so that won't motivate me. But if playing 1000 raked hands gets me entry into a freeroll and playing 10K raked hands gets me double starting chips I'd likely play more.

I think for retention and to encourage people to play more use a combination of rewarding play and luck.Like a house funded high-hand of the day jackpot. It could be relatively small but would give people a reason to play more and ensure that people never fold suited broadways pre-flop which is great for action.Or maybe a freeroll for regulars that has a low requirement for basic entry and awards extra starting chips for higher levels of play.I know that I'll never play enough to win a points race so that won't motivate me. But if playing 1000 raked hands gets me entry into a freeroll and playing 10K raked hands gets me double starting chips I'd likely play more.
This
esp this
Good stuff but damnit I got all excited about the high hand jackpot and then realised we already have it. Its 4 kings or better but I asked and someone takes it down everyday. I tried to think of an alternative but if someone is taking it down everyday can't do muchWe don't work off raked hands in the stats/admin I think but yea the freeroll sounds good