Ordering 2 Books

So i was surfing for Daniel's Power Hold'em book as i found it kind of expensive on cardsharkmedia (shipping being around 12$) and i ended up on amazon.ca. They have this ''FREE super saving shipping'' deal that supposedly does like its name suggest. But i need a cart of at least 39$. Since Daniel's book was not 39$ (on amazon.ca lol), i searched for another book and i thought i'd pick David Sklansky's Theroy of Poker since pretty much everyone says it's the shit.So just to make sure i don't do a mistake, i was wondering if anyone who read these 2 books could tell me if they were somewhat similar. I would definitly pick another book if these 2 were way to similar.What about Gus Hansen's ''Every hand revealed'' or Phil Hellmuth ''Read'em and reap''?

So i was surfing for Daniel's Power Hold'em book as i found it kind of expensive on cardsharkmedia (shipping being around 12$) and i ended up on amazon.ca. They have this ''FREE super saving shipping'' deal that supposedly does like its name suggest. But i need a cart of at least 39$. Since Daniel's book was not 39$ (on amazon.ca lol), i searched for another book and i thought i'd pick David Sklansky's Theroy of Poker since pretty much everyone says it's the shit.So just to make sure i don't do a mistake, i was wondering if anyone who read these 2 books could tell me if they were somewhat similar.
No, not at all.
What about Gus Hansen's ''Every hand revealed'' or Phil Hellmuth ''Read'em and reap''?
I recommend Read'em & Reap (but only if you're playing live, obviously) between those.
Sklansky is overrated IMO.Harrington's books are good.Barry's is good.DN's was alright.Gordon's was alright too. Not the best.
geeeeze, do I have to put an SW after all my posts?
geeeeze, do I have to put an SW after all my posts?
No, I don't think that would be appropriate.

Thanks for the quick answers. I'll take a look at Gordon's and Harrington's books.PS: Where would you buy Harrington's books from? Amazon only have them in the marketplace and i wouldn't wait 2 weeks+ just for a book i can't really compare to another one by other means but opinions/suggestions.

Not read DNs book yet, although its next in line after Gus Hansens which I'm reading at the moment. Barry's is good. For me I get alot of emotional stability out of it. I play good for longer and don't loose it..... as much. Not revolutionary in playing moves, math or anything but good for keeping you on your game. Sklansky is over rated I think. He was the main writer back when I got into books but with todays game as it is you're better going with a top players book. TOP is one of his better ones buts its hard to digest and the theroy does/is not translated well into practice. Harrington should be a 101 on all poker book guys. He's done it at the top level and is a good teacher. Gus Hansens Every Hand revealed is THE BEST BOOK I HAVE READ. He takes you hand by hand through every decision he made at the Aussie Open. No other book has changed or improved my game to the extent Gus's has.

Fine, fine. You guys convinced me. Dan Harrington it shall be. Now i just got to find a site to buy it from. Hopefully i won't have to resort to some not-so-trustable site/sellers with weeks of waiting. Any suggestions?

Fine, fine. You guys convinced me. Dan Harrington it shall be. Now i just got to find a site to buy it from. Hopefully i won't have to resort to some not-so-trustable site/sellers with weeks of waiting. Any suggestions?
half.com
I'd like to ''check'' every single one of them but it would cost me 15 to 25 $/each and several days of shipping. I'll go with Harringtons.
They are published by twoplustwo, I think you can just order them direct from their site.
They are published by twoplustwo, I think you can just order them direct from their site.
Thanks for the info. Tho i already ordered the first one off ebay... i learned the hard way that there is no way out of the ''commit to buy'' button. I thought i could get a total cost of the book + shipping and a ''confirmation'' button...