Paris For President. Energy Goddess!

well, at least who ever wrote the bit for her about the energy part seemed to have it together. (for the current events media challenged : http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2008/08/...res_back_a.html )We need to do it all.Upgrade a very old and deteriorating electric system grid. MOST are falling apart, were built 60 years ago for much lower transmission usage. Build 24/7 power plants. like NOW. Thermal power.Nuclear power.Wind power in the plains, with a few mills placed in Nancy Pelosi's and Ted Kennnedy's backyards, just so they can prove to the world they are serious about solving the crisis.More drilling to span the gap. We will never totally ween ourselves from Oil (I have yet to see an electric 757), but no one can argue that using our own is way better. How can Congress not see this?What about this do the New Age ultra liberal enviro ****tards in Congress not get?WHAT is their REAL agenda???? How many of them were pot smoking/Timothy Leary LSD drop outs that have suddenly found themselves with their chance to get everyone to harmoniously co exist in some twisted utopian fantasy of tee-pee communal living ????WHY ARE WE STILL HAVING THIS DEBATE?!!!!! edit: special unrealted shout out to Guapo for this gem...

I think I am going to start a 4th party and call it the party of common sense. We will be fiscally conservative, socially moderate, strong on military and protective services. We will do our best to try and not tell people what they can and can't do. Yeah, thats the ticket.
I'm in.

Its so obvious that it cant be the issues that are blocking things up. Theres no question that too many in Congress are from my generation and never grew up, but even that doesnt explain it. I havent read the energy bill that Pelosi is blocking, my guess is that its her ego and party above the country mentality that is motivating her. But there is a slim chance that its legitimate "demand for perfection standing in the way of good enough" or whatever that new little catch phrase is, and that her motivation is honorable, she's just got her priorities out of whack.