Bottom Set On A Monotone Flop

You, sir, lose this thread. Do you see why?
lol - bravo for going through all those posts to grab all that
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gnomeandhippo.jpg

i actually have desmoines ignored so I didn't see his answer I did somehow miss your post. I think I was looking for how this hand should be played as is (given that we're at the river). I do think you're right about shoving turn though. No one's folding KdQx whatnot here once they raise. This needs to be pokerstoved though. But excellent job pointing out the fact that perhaps turn may be a shove.Yoda's answer is good but he didn't talk about river play. My biggest fault here is not talking more about the turn in your post david and for not encouraging Yoda to give an answer for river. We could've focused and fleshed out these two ideas much earlier pre-rantBaseJester's answer is half-correct because it wasn't just the river that leads me to believe we're ahead, it's the turn play combined with it as well.I do however like dictius' post the most as it is the most well thought out and paints a picture of what hands play this way.bbir- this would not be the situation to donkbet the river imo. any thoughts about a cr minraise here on the river? I do think it's interesting against a fish although I've never used it.

A check minraise on the river might work.I never once indicated that I thought villain had a flush, thought there was a slight possiblity, but not probable.My point was that I don't believe that villain is paying off a river c/r.

There's also another reason which leads me to believe that our hand is ahead of his range but I would much rather you guys catch it. I point out stuff for my friend all the time and I get the feeling he's never paying as close attention as he should be.
He was the original preflop raiser, he just calls on the flop and then min raises the turn. Then bets 1/2 pot on the river. I think if he flopped the flush he wouldve raised the flop and also bet more on the river. I think hes trying to represent a big hand with the min raise. Idk what his stats mean cause ive never used pokertracker so unless its in there, this is what sticks out to me. Syous, mind messaging what you were hinting at???
He was the original preflop raiser, he just calls on the flop and then min raises the turn. Then bets 1/2 pot on the river. I think if he flopped the flush he wouldve raised the flop and also bet more on the river. I think hes trying to represent a big hand with the min raise. Idk what his stats mean cause ive never used pokertracker so unless its in there, this is what sticks out to me. Syous, mind messaging what you were hinting at???
Try reading the thread lol.