i need some help with my game.

Well first off I really need to sharpen my skills up. Im kind of a tight player which I hate, because I want to play more agressive. When I try to get agressive like bet big with mediocure cards, I start to worry beacuse the flops comes out against me. I just think maybe im bluffing with the wrong hands?Like I don't understand how players like Gus Hansen. He bets big or even calls all in with hands like a 2 7 unsuited. I mean..those are weak cards, the chances of you winning are so low, so you might lose all the money you put in the pot and be in a bad situation. This might be a amateur question, but I am quite novice, so anyone can give me some good advice on how to change my game. Maybe im just getting too worked up over getting the best hand or losing the pot. Thanks.

First off... Welcome to the forum. It's pretty apparent that you're a novice but that's fine, and you admitted it. I'm guessing you watch Tournament on TV and Oogle over the bluffs, which well, we all enjoy. Don't try to play like that, especially at your level.I think the first thing you need to do is start learning all the percentages and proftable hands.You also need to read a few articles about position and its effectiveness in a game.Read a few articles about "reading the board" as that is pretty important when it comes to bluffing and knowing what to bet in any situation.You have a long way to go thats certain, If you want to get inspired to play a lot better Read some of Daniels old articles as they're extremely interesting and helpful to a young beginning player.Also, purchase a good poker book for beginners I'm sure some people can give you a good beginning book. "Hold 'Em Poker" By David Sklyansky is a great one too start with.Book's I'll recomend you don't buy: Theory of Poker, Super System I or II, Hold 'Em For Advanced Players, The Psychology of Poker or Any other book with the words "advanced" in the title.

I think the main thing that you have to remember is that the people you see on TV are great with the Math but they are also very advanced with the psychology of the game. I feel that most of the bluffs come in two different scenerios. The First is that they are only semibluffing and feel that they have a lot of outs if their bluff does get called.The other is has to do with reading the other players and sensing weakness.I dont think you can just go into a pot thinking I am going to bluff this hand to pick up some chips. If you sense weakness in other players then you can bluff them out depending on what type of players they are.

Ed Miller also has a new book out, Getting Started in Hold'em. Check that one out. Winning Low Limit Hold'em by Lee Jones is also a good beginner book.I'll tell you this though. Take what you watch on TV and enjoy it as entertainment. Poker at the levels you will be starting at is not the place for bluffs. It also isn't the place to be playing 72o. You have a lot to learn so buy a couple books, maybe make an account at PokerStars and start playing their $0.02/0.04 games, and post questions here.

I think the first thing you need to do is start learning all the percentages and proftable hands.=quote]I dont understand the percentages mainly, and how they work. So bascially by seeing the board and my hand, i know the chances of a the cards i need showing up.