Caught an a.m. showing of this for only $6... glad it wasn't anymore...After seeing the movie... I releated it to the laker game last night (from laker fan perspective)...I was on the edge of my seat interested until the end where i was let down...somehow I knew this would happen... so much for M. Knight Shitylan

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My local paper gave it 1.5 stars out of 5. And my paper gives a min. of 3 stars to EVERY movie, it's the softest movie reviews I've ever seen. So if my paper gave it 1.5, it must be truly awful. How many more movies are they going to let this guy make before they pull the plug?

My local paper gave it 1.5 stars out of 5. And my paper gives a min. of 3 stars to EVERY movie, it's the softest movie reviews I've ever seen. So if my paper gave it 1.5, it must be truly awful. How many more movies are they going to let this guy make before they pull the plug?
Maybe it's just too heady for the country rubes out there.

it was almost like a cheesy horror film... its like he put gore in it just to make a point... when the point he tries to make shouldn't go with the gore... I think this movie just made me ramble right there...

Imagine how everyone else in the forum feels knowing they paid $0, and gained ~2 hours
it was like 90 mins... and i hope no one else sees it so this guy will not get anymore money to make another movie...
it was like 90 mins... and i hope no one else sees it so this guy will not get anymore money to make another movie...
I would seriously love to know how his movies keep getting green lighted. How can he still be living off the success of 6th Sense? Does he have some blackmail on movie studio heads or something? once you make one successful movie, you can keep getting horrible movies made until the end of time? I really don't get it.

just found out his dad is a physician... maybe he puts up some money... probably not but eh...edit: actually both parents are physicians...

I would seriously love to know how his movies keep getting green lighted. How can he still be living off the success of 6th Sense? Does he have some blackmail on movie studio heads or something? once you make one successful movie, you can keep getting horrible movies made until the end of time? I really don't get it.
It is because he made two good movies. 6th Sense was very good, made money, and got good critical acclaim. So did Unbreakable. (Signs stunk but made a ton of money....thanks to Mel I am sure.)If you just make one good movie and then suck you are called a fluke. If you make two (two and a half) good movies, people just have a hard time believing you could just start sucking and never get better.Those people though are wrong....this guy had a couple good ideas and now he sucks and he isnt going to get better.

Haven't seen this but might rent it.You guys are being pretty hard on him, he obviously hasn't lived up to the 6th sense, but all his other movies have at least been entertaining. I even enjoyed Lady in the Water.

Haven't seen this but might rent it.You guys are being pretty hard on him, he obviously hasn't lived up to the 6th sense, but all his other movies have at least been entertaining. I even enjoyed Lady in the Water.
you'd prolly enjoy this one to... until the end... thats when you go WTF?
Um. Signs was one of the stupiest movies I've ever seen, the the village was much worse. Your entertainment threshold must be lower than mine..

Signs... for me at least was pretty awesome in the theater, but stupid on tv. Especially when it was dark and they are running in the fields, then you hear the clicking sound of the alien, the climax at the end was pretty good too.

The only thing that annoyed me is how easily the aliens died... a bunch of aliens come and all you have to do is spray a hose at them and they are gone.

I liked the village, but wasn't a huge fan of the ending.

I was really hoping those monsters were going to be real, and when they weren't it was kind of a let down.

Other than that I haven't had any complaints about his other movies.

Signs... for me at least was pretty awesome in the theater, but stupid on tv. Especially when it was dark and they are running in the fields, then you hear the clicking sound of the alien, the climax at the end was pretty good too. The only thing that annoyed me is how easily the aliens died... a bunch of aliens come and all you have to do is spray a hose at them and they are gone.
I will say this about signs.. it did the old school horror thing decently well, about building scariness and what not. But the aliens were retarded. Invading a planent that's surface is covered 70 in a deadly poison, and that poison also falls from the sky, is just too stupid not to jerk me out of the moment. And the whole "Swing away" thing was painfully, painfully stupid, and the biggest plot twist let down I've ever seen. They should have just edited that whole part out, and just have him bat the aliens.

If God made the aliens go away in Signs, can true love hold back the toxic winds? More to the point, can anyone find out without laughing?'

Signs... for me at least was pretty awesome in the theater, but stupid on tv. Especially when it was dark and they are running in the fields, then you hear the clicking sound of the alien, the climax at the end was pretty good too. The only thing that annoyed me is how easily the aliens died... a bunch of aliens come and all you have to do is spray a hose at them and they are gone.I liked the village, but wasn't a huge fan of the ending. I was really hoping those monsters were going to be real, and when they weren't it was kind of a let down.Other than that I haven't had any complaints about his other movies.
Please please please please USE SPOILERS ASSHOLES!!!!!!!So much for ever renting signs or the Village....
Please please please please USE SPOILERS ASSHOLES!!!!!!!So much for ever renting signs or the Village....
my bad, forgot about making spoilers for older movies. i edited post.but seriously you weren't going to rent them anyways.
If a movie has been available for more than a year, "spoilers" should no longer apply.
Did you know that Abraham was going to sacrifice his son, Isaac, but then an angel stopped him so a ram was sacrificed instead.