U.s Open At Torrey Pines

How sick do you think vegas was about this result? woods is coming off an injury, he hasn't played in weeks, he's rusty and in visable pain, Vegas offers terrible odds on him ( terrible for the better, I mean, terrible value), he's in visible pain, he has to shoot an extra 19 on a bad knee, and he still wins. Every sucker better has a "toldyaso" smirk as they cash in their tiger slips, while the odds maker at the Ceasar's sports book is looking for a rusty knife to take the easy way out with. Thank god for the slots....
Yeah, if I was going to bet, I'd take the field when offered. It seems insane to give anyone better (or worse depending how you look at it) then 4-1 or 5-1 in a US Open golf tournament , but he gets better then that (not sure what it was this year). I assume there will be a time when Tiger starts to slip, but prior to the betting public catching on, where there will be an insane amount of value betting against him.
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, if I was going to bet, I'd take the field when offered. It seems insane to give anyone better (or worse depending how you look at it) then 4-1 or 5-1 in a US Open golf tournament , but he gets better then that (not sure what it was this year). I assume there will be a time when Tiger starts to slip, but prior to the betting public catching on, where there will be an insane amount of value betting against him.
Some years, in some tourney's he gets 1-1, which is flat retarded. I'm not sure what the futures was this year, but vegas had to love every tiger bet, and had to be sick today on the 18th...
Some years, in some tourney's he gets 1-1, which is flat retarded. I'm not sure what the futures was this year, but vegas had to love every tiger bet, and had to be sick today on the 18th...
Yeah, 1-1 is the line that always jumps out at me. Even money for any golfer vs the field is ridiculous, I don't care how good he is. Ha, Tiger continues to defy logic though.How demoralizing is it to the other guys on tour when he wins the US Open at, 70-80%? Even for guys used to Tiger making them look bad, that has to sting a bit more then usual.
Ha, was I really the only person in this thread who picked Tiger from the start? I think my willingness to go out on a limb should be applauded, if not admired. ;)I had complete faith in my fellow Dodgers fan. As bad as they are playing and with the Lakers on the verge of elimination (who he referred to as 'we' the other day lol), he needed the emotional boost I'm sure.
Tip 'o the visor Sir.
  • 2 weeks later...

This article pretty much sums up what he was playing with and how unbelievable he really is....http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=3468020The most pressure in a golf swing is on the left leg, and he played though all of those injuries to still win the toughest test in golf. Absolutely unbelievable imo.....