Tp Kicker Issues 1.20 On Stars

No strong reads on villain, I've been pretty tight showing down twice so far with AQs for a chop and 99 for a small pot. Check ups on all streets please.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (7 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)BB (t1890)UTG (t1430)MP1 (t1470)MP2 (t2130)CO (t1840)Button (t3225)Hero (t1515)Preflop: Hero is SB with A :5c , 4 :4h . UTG calls t20, 1 fold, MP2 calls t20, CO calls t20, 1 fold, Hero completes, BB checks.Flop: (t100) 2 :club: , 9 :ts , A :D(5 players)Hero bets t100, BB folds, UTG raises to t260, MP2 folds, CO folds, Hero should probably fold?Turn: (t620) K :D(2 players)Hero bets t300, UTG calls t300.River: (t1220) 8 :D(2 players)Hero bets t500, UTG raises to t850, Hero calls t350.Final Pot: t2920

A4o is a weak hand out of position that early in tournament play. You should lay down on the flop after UTG raises. He has position on you the whole way, and is asserting that position early. You have only one pair with a weak kicker. Most likely he is either holding AJ or higher, or he hit two pair on the flop. Heck, he could have trips. Since you have no flush draw, you're dead to anything that he would likely have.

More often than not I'll actually fold A4 PF from the SB. Combining bad position, an extremely low % of flops that make you even remotely happy, and the chance of getting elbows deep into a pot where you have no idea where you are at adds up to enough reverse implied odds that I'll more often than not thumb my nose at the 9-1 pot odds and toss it directly into the muck.

I'm also dumping A4 PF for the reasons already mentioned.If I do play it, I'm looking to flop big or else I play very cautiously. That means I basically check-fold that flop rather than leading it. With 4 opponents seeing the flop you have to assume at least one of them has a decent Ace, so leading will accomplish nothing other than lose you valuable chips. If, for some strange reason, I do decide to lead, you can guarantee 100% that I'm folding to a raise.

More often than not I'll actually fold A4 PF from the SB. Combining bad position, an extremely low % of flops that make you even remotely happy, and the chance of getting elbows deep into a pot where you have no idea where you are at adds up to enough reverse implied odds that I'll more often than not thumb my nose at the 9-1 pot odds and toss it directly into the muck.
You seemed to agree with me in the other thread that (barring stack considerations) you cant fold getting 9:1...change of heart?Im still never folding it. Yes, you have to play carefully post flop, but flopping trips / two pair / big draw from garbage isnt much worse than 9:1.