Full Tilt 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Preflop: Hero is CO with 6 :ts , 6 :club: . 4 folds, Hero raises, 2 folds, BB calls.Flop: (4.50 SB) Q :D , 5 :D , 7 :D(3 players)BB bets, Hero raises, BB calls.Turn: (4.25 BB) 5 :4h(3 players)BB checks, Hero bets, BB calls.River: (6.25 BB) Q :5c(3 players)BB bets, Hero calls.Final Pot: 8.25 BBguy just sat down a round or 2 ago

I'm ok with it as played. BB is taking a weird line. Could be a flush draw, and he figures his Ace high is good on the river with a double paired board. Could also be a weak Q, and he doesn't want you to check behind.If he checks the river, do you check behind?When the turn pairs, any value in checking the turn behind with the intention of calling any bet on the river to pick off a worse hand or induce a bluff?

If he checks the river, do you check behind?When the turn pairs, any value in checking the turn behind with the intention of calling any bet on the river to pick off a worse hand or induce a bluff?
yes and noeven if he has a flush draw, he more than likely has overs as well. i dont want to give free cards to a hand with a decent amount of outswe make the same without giving him a free chance to draw out
  • 3 weeks later...

this is one of those hands where it would be great to know if somebody has a pattern of playing pairs one way and a draw another way. some people will usually lead one and check raise the other.

i think you call 100 percent with that missed draw board. Since he's the big blind, he could definitely have some sort of open ender, if he's real bad gutshot, of passively play a gut shot-straight combo. Or missed flush draw. Or, like was said he has ace high, that he's trying to bet because he figures he's free rolling with a bet.. It could even be a hand like 44 that got counterfeited and he's firing out a desperation bet. It's likely you're beat, but not 8-1 likely. If nothing else, and he has a queen, you'll learn how what kind of kicker he plays passively with.

I play on bodog, so I don't know how play is on other sites, but why not just fold the flop?The players I play against won't fold a queen or a 7 to a raise and in the BEST case scenario he's got a flush draw with some overs which still has tons of outs against you. I fold the flop.

I play on bodog, so I don't know how play is on other sites, but why not just fold the flop?The players I play against won't fold a queen or a 7 to a raise and in the BEST case scenario he's got a flush draw with some overs which still has tons of outs against you. I fold the flop.
if you start folding pairs on flops like that in blind battles i think you have just made it so he can call your raise 100% of the time with any two cards and bet out profitably. or something very close to that. i'm thinking calling might be a nice option here. see what the turn brings and what he does. you do leave yourself open to get outplayed a lot, but your hand is pretty marginal on that flop there anyway.
  • 2 weeks later...