Do You Raise This River?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)UTG (t1840)Button (t1580)SB (t6080)Hero (t4000)Preflop: Hero is BB with 7diamond.gif, 9club.gif. UTG calls t200, 1 fold, SB completes, Hero checks.Flop: (t575) Qclub.gif, 2diamond.gif, 7club.gif(3 players)SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks.Turn: (t575) 2spade.gif(3 players)SB checks, Hero bets t400, UTG folds, SB calls t400.River: (t1375) 2club.gif(2 players)SB bets t200, Hero calls t200.Final Pot: t1775P.S - I randomly bumped into jmbreslin in this tournament.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)UTG (t1840)Button (t1580)SB (t6080)Hero (t4000)Preflop: Hero is BB with 7diamond.gif, 9club.gif. UTG calls t200, 1 fold, SB completes, Hero checks.Flop: (t575) Qclub.gif, 2diamond.gif, 7club.gif(3 players)SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks.Turn: (t575) 2spade.gif(3 players)SB checks, Hero bets t400, UTG folds, SB calls t400.River: (t1375) 2club.gif(2 players)SB bets t200, Hero calls t200.Final Pot: t1775
no... what would a raise here do except lose you chips
I dont see what youre beating here except a bluff. Be happy to see a cheap showdown and hope he was donk betting representing a flush.
Well, what hand can he have that is beating me? We know he doesn't have a Q, I doubt he is playing 88+, and he check calls the turn and then donk min bets when the flush falls. I flat called because like you said I don't beat much, but he actually showed a flush. Maybe the result is just affecting my objectivity. During the hand I felt like there was a tiny bit of value to be had there but the risk probably wasn't worth the reward. Then after I saw his hand I questioned my thinking.
Well, what hand can he have that is beating me? We know he doesn't have a Q, I doubt he is playing 88+, and he check calls the turn and then donk min bets when the flush falls. I flat called because like you said I don't beat much, but he actually showed a flush. Maybe the result is just affecting my objectivity. During the hand I felt like there was a tiny bit of value to be had there but the risk probably wasn't worth the reward. Then after I saw his hand I questioned my thinking.
weak Qs, 2s and weak flushes, which i dont think is a huge surprise.
weak Qs, 2s and weak flushes, which i dont think is a huge surprise.
There are way more combinations of flushes than there are combinations of queens and twos, plus I don't think he checks to the shorty twice with a weak queen. Eh, I dunno. I think I'm happy with just a smooth call. It's an unrealistic goal to try and get max value every single time.
P.S - I randomly bumped into jmbreslin in this tournament.
How badly did I suck in this one? 'Cause I've been sucking a lot lately. I dropped back down to $1 to take a shot at the SnG leaderboard and see if I could break the slump, but the slump has continued. Some positive signs last night, though.As for the hand, I probably just call it down. People do all sorts of silly things at this level that it can become incredibly difficult to put people on hands accurately. I don't want to get too mixed up with the bigstack here when I'm in a good position with my stack now.

I'm just calling this down too. mid PP's and really weak Q's could be coming. It looks exactly like a flush draw that hit with the absolute wrong card for villain but I don't think you get much value in raising. Because I don't think you get paid on a made mid flush very often. And he would call with a better full house.

How badly did I suck in this one? 'Cause I've been sucking a lot lately. I dropped back down to $1 to take a shot at the SnG leaderboard and see if I could break the slump, but the slump has continued. Some positive signs last night, though.As for the hand, I probably just call it down. People do all sorts of silly things at this level that it can become incredibly difficult to put people on hands accurately. I don't want to get too mixed up with the bigstack here when I'm in a good position with my stack now.
You seemed a little too tight in the late low M stages. But other than that you seemed fine, we only had like 15 - 20 hands together though.
You seemed a little too tight in the late low M stages. But other than that you seemed fine, we only had like 15 - 20 hands together though.
I do tend to tighten up a bit when it comes to pushing at this level because players have wider calling ranges. Most of these players have never heard of the gap concept.

i can't see any reason to raise here. your not likely to be called by anything but a hand that beats you. the pot is faiirly large as it is. if you raise your gona be putting in alot of chips to possibly be raised out of a pot u could easily be behind in.be glad you got to see the end cheap. and possibly pick up that nice pot.it's not something that i do terribly often, but on occasion i'll deliberately make a "bad" bet like under bet the pot or something like that. hoping a "good" player will re raise me. then i show the nuts. i doubt hes doing this. but it's so weird that you should just call.also, it'd be nice to see what he had in this spot. if you raise him out you miss out on information.