Dutch Does Baseball, Too

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the polls are kinda' closed at the moment, but you seem to be pretty passionate about the team, so let's hear your best, most comprehensive pitch.
I throw a mean knuckleball.
He said he's done searching and is just a Braves fan. I said hop on the Royals bandwagon..and then people started making comments to me about the Royals, so I RESPONDED TO THEM. I didn't start talking about the Royals other than making a generic statement about them. Perhaps you should get over yourself, this isn't even your thread and no one was even talking to you. It's a baseball forum and another poster commented on a baseball team, so I responded. Don't know what your problem is, the only one picking fights is you.
My problem is the way you ruin threads jabbering about the royals like a rabid dog.
My problem is the way you ruin threads jabbering about the royals like a rabid dog.
Well, other people in this thread commented to me on the Royals, so I responded. Perhaps you need to get over yourself. The only thing "ruining" this thread is you trying to be the moderator of it. I mentiont the Royals, someone else made a comment, so I responded to that person. I don't see what your problem is. All I have talked about is how the Royals aren't a team that simply lets all their best players walk anymore...and haven't really done so in a few years. Then I gave examples...trust me, I could go on a LOT more about the Royals, but I haven't.
Well, the polls are kinda' closed at the moment, but you seem to be pretty passionate about the team, so let's hear your best, most comprehensive pitch.
The Royals are a young and improving team in a city that is simply dying to get back to the good baseball tradition of the 70s and 80s. Our GM has finally commited to building with a lot of young arms and the team will be getting more and more fun to watch as the years go by. Managment has already shown a willingness to start locking up our best young players (Joakim Soria) and with payroll set to keep increasing and the organization finally developing a legit farm system, the Royals are finally ready to stop being a national joke and start winning some games. It'll be a great story when all the national media writes about how we "came from nowhere" when in fact, those who have been paying attention will have seen the resurgene of KC coming. You said you don't want to be a bandwagon fan........well, it's too late to avoid that with Tampa Bay and most other teams....but with KC, there's still time to support the last stages of a rebuilding movement before we start being actual contenders.

I ssay it's time to jump on the Tigers bandwagon. Here is a team with a massive lineup that underachieves. You have players like Miguel Cabrera sleeping in his chair in the clubhouse. On the TV is video of Danny Haron who he has never faced. Maggy Ordonez has his back to the TV and is reading a magazine. The other players are not there or they are playing cards. Weird how they went out and lost that game. Then you have ex and current players going to the media talking crap about the the team chemistry and the feel in the clubhouse. Then the kicker is that how could you not want to support a team with a manager like Jim Leyland. Seriously, listen to this great presser before last nights 12-8 win. It starts off slow, builds in a crescendo of bleeps and rage, then finishes it off with a joke. This guy is stellar and a main reason to pick the Tigers as you team. Plus Detroit....we got murder, inner city depression, and a mayor who is bending the city over and ramming it raw.Leyland Presser: http://www.wxyt.com/ (It will be on the front page, just click play. If it shows the Wings Pens thing, just wait a sec and it switches to Leyland) 48 bleep outs by the way lol

I ssay it's time to jump on the Tigers bandwagon.
Heh this post reminded me of a post on p5s ot earlier today:I think Artiecat is evil because he is a Detroit Tigers fan. I suspect that he is also a Lions fan.This aggression will not stand. Artiecat, tear down that wall. Ask not what OT can do for you, ask what you can do for OT.We have nothing to fear, but Detroit sports fans themselves.Read my lips: no new Miguel Cabrera threads.Well, there you go again.The most terrifying words in the English language are: Hi, I'm a Detroit sports fan, and I'm here to post in OT.Facts are stubborn things.It's true that being a Detroit sports fan never killed anyone, but why take the chance?
Heh this post reminded me of a post on p5s ot earlier today:I think Artiecat is evil because he is a Detroit Tigers fan. I suspect that he is also a Lions fan.This aggression will not stand. Artiecat, tear down that wall. Ask not what OT can do for you, ask what you can do for OT.We have nothing to fear, but Detroit sports fans themselves.Read my lips: no new Miguel Cabrera threads.Well, there you go again.The most terrifying words in the English language are: Hi, I'm a Detroit sports fan, and I'm here to post in OT.Facts are stubborn things.It's true that being a Detroit sports fan never killed anyone, but why take the chance?
hahahabtw, Lions suck

Koop makes a fairly compelling case, actually. Care to rebut, anyone?Also, Det. I don't think anyone will argue that it's precisely the type of location I'd ideally choose. I love their uniforms. I've been a fairly rabid Wings fan since I was a kid. I just think they're too good and type improved over the last few years for me to show up a Tigers fan. I think it would be the ultimate obvious fairweathership.

Koop makes a fairly compelling case, actually. Care to rebut, anyone?Also, Det. I don't think anyone will argue that it's precisely the type of location I'd ideally choose. I love their uniforms. I've been a fairly rabid Wings fan since I was a kid. I just think they're too good and type improved over the last few years for me to show up a Tigers fan. I think it would be the ultimate obvious fairweathership.
I'll actually bolster Koop's case. KC may seem, to an outsider, to be a whitebread town, but it's actually has pretty large urban (AKA Black) population, and some parts of it are rather rugged. It's kind of like memphis west, in that it was the a sort of cross roads for the blacks moving north from the south, and has delicious food and barbeque. There is a little early buzz about the future of the team, as Koops says they are packed full of young talent, and have absolutely no national following ( the last attention they garnered on a national level was when Bo Jackson played for them). The thing is, KC is an extremely small major league market.. this is a plus in some ways, in terms of fan cred and the necessity of building the team "the right way" The down side is, because they are a small market, they can't compete with teams like the Yankees and Boston, and ( despite what Koop claims) will have a very hard time keeping any truly great talent they produce. They have to follow the "Oakland" model. They do have the potential to be the next Oakland, and Koop will argue they will be. Me, I need to see it to believe it, as I've witnessed two decades of Royals futility close hand. This quixotic nature, of being able to get close, but probably not all the way to the top would make them more disirable, not less. But again, instead of going with a team on the "Oakland" model, I'd just go with Oakland, for reasons previously stated. They do have nice uniforms, if you're a crip...pMLB2-4320808dt.jpgpMLB2-2492457dt.jpgpMLB2-2492472dt.jpg

I love those uniforms, actually. They're nice, but not in a trend A's way. That's pretty appealing in that they're an Oakland-style team, but without a hipster following.How long do I have to jump on, Koop? Would next year be too late?

I love those uniforms, actually. They're nice, but not in a trend A's way. That's pretty appealing in that they're an Oakland-style team, but without a hipster following.How long do I have to jump on, Koop? Would next year be too late?
They'll be inconsistent this year enough so that they'll just start to garner some attention at the beginning of next year. Around Mar. 10, Peter Gammons will report that scouts say the team to watch in Florida is Kansas City and he predicts they'll hang with Detroit/Cle for the AL Central.So jump on the end of this year or mid-Feb next year.