A Past Thread With Daniel Negreanu

I recently saw an article about Justin Bonomo commenting on Men the Master cheating in a 200/400 Badugi game (I know, ironic that Bonomo would be making commentary, but the guy has already apologized for his past actions). Through the article I came upon an old thread where Daniel talks about his confrontation with Men the Master (a very old thread). Anyway, in 2001, Daniel had recently gotten drunk or something (I'm not sure if he was or not) and confronted Men the Master about his cheating (Men has been accused by countlsess people for cheating, Daniel N, John Juanda, Russ G, & Justin Bonomo, just to name a few). Either way, he confronted him. This was one of his posts on a thread.Daniel Negreanu:"I have a pretty good idea who posted this, but that's not important right now. The incident described, did occur but it wasn't exactly a 'war of words'. I simply stated my opinion of Men's character to him, and let him know that I will no longer 'pretend' to like him. I don't. I feel he is a shady individual, and I told him so. I just wanted him to know that I no longer respected him, nor did I care to speak to him. I won't go into the reasons why I believe him to be shady, this is hardly the place for comments like that. I was happy to feel the support of many players who will remain nameless, that supported my stand against Men. As much as I'd like to see corporate sponsership enter the poker arena, I don't feel it's 'right around the corner'. Eventually it may be, but not in it's current state. As I've gotten older, and more involved in the poker world, I've made a decision to try and improve the game I love. I don't feel comfortable, nor do I feel it is in poker's best interest to cover up the 'problems' we have in the tournament world right now. I will however, make a concerted effort to clean up the game as much as I possibly can. For some time now, I've heard, "Something must be done". Well, I'm only one man/boy, but I will no longer sit and watch as others tarnish this great game's reputation."Then this was someone elses response to him. They probably were a Men The Master worshipper.Dave Keiser:"Dan,i love your columns in Cardplayer. They show you to be a down to earth person that made it to the top on desire and talent going from hometown champ to WORLD CHAMPION. You worked hard to make that leap and i hope all the best for you in the future. You'll stay at the top if you put that corona down when gambling. You seem like a nice guy. But i think you're out of line in this post about Men"the master". He has been bad mouthed over and over since Russ g. told his fairy tale about chips falling on the floor in the bathroom. An allegation with no proof. And now you,a respected member of the poker community, do the same thing in a drunken vent. You have not said what he has done wrong or provided proof so we have no idea what you're talking about. So explain futher or do the right thing and accept responsibility for dumping on a champion. I personally don't like it when people pile on a defenseless person. Did i say defenseless, you gave this champ the motivation to win a quarter million a couple days later. The proff is in the pudding and i hope you learned something. He's king kong in a tournament. Accept it. "I don't think Daniel accepted it because from what I learn, he cleaned up his act, and proceeded to rape and pillage the tournament poker world, while cleaning up poker's image at the same time. Nice going Daniel.

In 7th grade Daniel wrote this on the bathroom wall:"Meagen Fallsbrook is a fox"By 9th grade Meagen was a cheerleader and a contender for cutest girl in Mrs. Williamson's 3rd period class.By 11th Grade Daniel dropped out and never saw Meagen again, which is funny because Meagen gained a few pounds due to a problem with self esteem and carrying past hurts about her mother, but she wears the weight well and her new hair style does a better job of shaping her face.Anyway Daniel is older now. I hope he no longer writes in bathrooms

In 7th grade Daniel wrote this on the bathroom wall:"Meagen Fallsbrook is a fox"By 9th grade Meagen was a cheerleader and a contender for cutest girl in Mrs. Williamson's 3rd period class.By 11th Grade Daneil dropped out and never saw Meagen again, which is funny because Meagen gained a few pounds due to a prblem with self esteme and carrying past hurs about her mother, but she wears the weight well and her new hair style does a better job of shaping her face.Anyway Daniel is older now. I hope he no longer writes in bathrooms
:club: You should be feature member every month.