What To Do With Aa In This Situation

This situation still confounds me:Low limit NLHE...relatively new to the table/little info on opponents...opponents with full/equal stacks...I have AA in SB...1 limper in MP...I raise 4xBB and limper calls...flop comes Q83 rainbow...I bet out 75% of pot...opponent raises (2.5x my bet). What the hell do I do now? He may have AQ and is feeling me out, or he may have a set and I am dominated. Folding is safe but seems too conservative. Calling and check-calling down to the river seems weak. Raising or shoving is high risk.I need advice.

This situation still confounds me:Low limit NLHE...relatively new to the table/little info on opponents...opponents with full/equal stacks...I have AA in SB...1 limper in MP...I raise 4xBB and limper calls...flop comes Q83 rainbow...I bet out 75% of pot...opponent raises. What the hell do I do now? He may have AQ and is feeling me out, or he may have a set and I am dominated. Folding is safe but seems too conservative. Calling and check-calling down to the river seems weak. Raising or shoving is high risk.I need advice.
Pooooosh.

Without stack sizes it's a little hard, but you should be raising or shoving depending on how much he/you have behind.Just think of it like this:There are 12 hand combinations that make KQThere are 12 hand combinations that make AQThere are 3 that make a set of eights.There are 3 that make a set of threes.There are 3 that makes a set of queens.There are 6 that make kings.That means that 30 of his plausible hand combinations you beat, and 9 beat you. That is not including the times that he folds or shows up with other miscellaneous crap that we beat.Depending on the opponent, you can rule out certain hands, and put others in, but the long and short of it is: If you shove here 100% of the time you will profit in the long run. Use pokerstove, it will help.

Well, I think we know that he doesn't have AQ or KK based on preflop play, KQ is possible but rare. On a board this dry I think this is often something like QJ or a person who thinks they're going to RR a c-bet and take it down. Its also a set a lot, but thats a cooler and theres nothing we can do so BBFIDTS. I think I smooth call the flop RR and lead into him on the turn, if he calls or raises the turn then I check the river and try and get a cheap showdown.

I like the smooth call of the raise on the flop and then a lead on the turn. As everyone else has said the play is very stack size dependent and the play after the lead on the turn depends on if he calls or raises. If he just calls the turn I probably bet the river. If he raises the turn, I probably call and then check call on the end. With all that being said, I am also a big fan of getting a lot more of the money in on the flop in this situation.